Anonymous
Years ago

Does Daws understand what an interim controller is

Last night on talking hoops, Daws made the statement that BSA wasnt under administration but is under the care of an interim controller. Now isnt this the same thing really? I know there are subtle differences between the situation and complete administration but it sounded to me like he thinks this is 2 seperate things all together

Topic #6789 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im guessing he has a lot more understanding of the situation at BSA and understands his role and its title a lot more than you!

Reply #75950 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He's working under these circumstances on a daily basis so I'd say that he's aware of who they are and what they're doing.

Reply #75953 | Report this post

Noti Bagy  
Years ago

Administration is for bankruptcy, interim controller is an independent body appointed by the vested interest ( governement) to get a clear picture of how their investment / debtor is performing.

Seeing as the government has stated they feel that the true picture was not revealed to them in the past this is a fair stance for them to take.

Reply #75957 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

I must say that listening to Daws last night wasnt inspiring. I kept asking myself if he was going chastise Maher for being a bit too critical of the NBL and even the Sixers situation.
Didnt help that they had that crappy phone line again either.

Get it right before Mark Price is on next week !!

Reply #75958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its not their fault you tool!

Its the stations doing.

Do you think Mahersey or Belly are phone technicians?

Reply #75964 | Report this post

Rueben R  
Years ago

"Now isnt this the same thing really?"

No.

Reply #75972 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I wasn't that excited about the interview with Daws either. He really didn't give any information that we don't already know. I thought the timing was wrong. Also some of the questions asked of him were referred back to Maher for answering which was OK considering they were questions that he was better qualified to answer, but showed a lack of basketball knowledge. While he seems to be caring of the Sixers situation and is trying to do as much as he can from an administration point of view, I would have felt more confident if he had some basketball knowledge as well. He is in a position to make decisions on recruitment and player's salaries yet by not understanding the sport, he is not in a position to understand their worth.

Reply #75998 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:10 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754