Isaac
Years ago

Radio interview with Smyth

Yesterday, Phil Smyth was interviewed by KG and Cornes. I've been sent a sound grab of that and I'm listening to it now.

He's talking about the new stadium in NZ - $20m+! - six courts, big video screen, gyms, etc. All paid for by the government and council. He said that it was very impressive and beyond anything available in Australia.

Cornes asked if Phil was concerned about their pre-season results (two losses). Smyth said that, no, not really because they've been trying different combinations and had limited input from two stars who've not been back in the country for all that long.

Smyth said that Cooper is taking some time to settle into the more relaxed Adelaide system but he's played well. Smyth thinks that his size is an asset and he expects that Cooper will be fitting into their program perfectly over the next few months.

On Farley, Phil said that he thinks Willie has improved a bit but that his shooting is astray at the moment after only being in town for six days.

Smyth said that Rees' has performed well in both games and that his bulk and humour are a welcome return.

They flew from Auckland to New Plymouth yesterday and play New Zealand tonight.

Tomorrow the Sixers need 3-4 flights to get home during the evening (won't be fun for tall players!) and then leave for Cairns on Thursday afternoon.

Topic #679 | Report this topic

EC  
Years ago

The sixers are doing far too much travelling this month. The long distance flights, the cramped conditions on these flights and length of time spent on them is not going to do them any favours for the beginning of the season. They don't travel this much in such a short space of time during the regular season, I don't see it as necessary for pre season games. For Farley who only arrived 6 days ago, he should be given a better chance to recuperate before the regular season starts.

Reply #6879 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

why cnt we have some pre season games in adelaide. i deffernetly dont think that farley should be playin unless the game was in adelaide. has anyone herd anything charles thomas is doing this season?

Reply #7089 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:00 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754