ritz
Years ago

Kobe's 81 - anyone local got a copy?

keen to buy a copy of kobe's big game anybody locally can help me out??
cheers

Topic #6809 | Report this topic

billo  
Years ago

you can download it through google video, there's a link to it on www.nba.com/video. Alternatively you can download it for free like I did through torrents on http://bt.davka.info/index.php?show_all=1

The catch is the file is 1.3gig so if you've not got broadband or have download limits with your provider then it's not as feasable. There's also the thing about having to watch it on your computer rather than in a dvd player but I'm sure there's software that converts it.

Other than that I don't know where you'd get a copy in Adelaide, but that's not to say you won't be able to, I just don't know where.

Good luck, it's worth it!!!

Reply #76201 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

ritz...Have you tried www.pontel.com ?

I have been using them for years and they are very good. You can get every game from this season and any from the last three years on DVD. Plus, they have a great Classics section, with games back as far as the 1970's. $25 a DVD.

Reply #76220 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Yeah I ended up getting a copy of the 81 point game from Pontel. I think every basketballer should invest in this game to have in their collection!

Reply #76230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's the most boring 81 point game ive ever seen.

Reply #76231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Billo it says i dont have file extension to play it. what program you use to run it?

Reply #76246 | Report this post

TG  
Years ago

Should be able to download it, burn to a DVD and play through a cheapie DVD player which plays DivX. These are available from a place like Strathfield for under $100. Plus they play all normal DVD's and CD's, MP3's etc. Worthwhile investment for anyone who wants to watch NBA.

Just compare it to Fox subscription, and the $90 say is about 1 month subscription, then you just download the games you want from sites like the one mentioned above. And you don;t just get Spurs and Bucks games every week like Fox!!

I've got the 81p game, LeBron and Pierce 2OT game, Magic's first NBA game, AllStar Weekend, plus much more just in the past couple of months since I found this out!!

A must for anyone wanting to see more NBA than is currently available. But you will need plenty of download on your broadband though...each game is between 700Mb and 1.4Gb (more for OT games)

Reply #76286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TG whats the place ur talking about? Is that bittorrent?

Reply #76311 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Just out of curiousity, how many Melbourne Tigers games would you have to purchase on DVD to witness Warrick Giddy score 81 points?

Reply #76314 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

Hi TG, what site did you get the Cavs vs Celtics double OT game off?, I have been searching for a torrent of that game but all to no avail until now so any help that you could give me would of course be greatly appreciated

Reply #76315 | Report this post

TG  
Years ago

Try any/all the following. The first one on the list, they expect you to be a "good" member by keeping your ratio above 1.00. By that it means if you download a game, say 700Mb, you need to upload it to others for at least 700Mb before deleting it. Hard to do sometimes when you download at maybe 50 or 60kb (or higher) but only upload around 10 or 15!!

http://www.bb4ll.net/

Another good one is:
http://bt.davka.info/
(this is the one I got the old Magic game from!)

Then I found this one not long ago but I'm yet to download anything from it:
http://www.basket-torrent.webpark.pl/index.html

Between the first two though, I've been very happy with the games available. Some of them are duplicated across both sites and also you get alot of Kings, Suns, Bulls and Raptors games as there seems to be guys dedictaed to putting those games on the sites!!

But now and then, some other gems come up!!

Reply #76324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TG how long does it normally take to download a game with broadband?

Reply #76398 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

ANon (#76246). I use Azereaus or something like that. I just went to the FAQ section at http://bt.davka.info/
on how to get the software that initiates the torrent file, they recommend a few and have links on where to download it. It's all pretty straight forward to do, you don't need to be especially computery to piece it together.

Anon 76398, it depends on how many other people have the game and are uploading it. I left it on over night and it was pretty much done by morning, but you could potentially do it in about 6 hours or so for a gig file if things went according to plan.

Reply #76401 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

YES!! My first basketball logo, all for reminding everyone of Boti's imfamous "Giddy Watch".

Thank you Isaac.

Reply #76734 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

so no one can help. dont have broadband dont wana use pontel just someone local...

Reply #77507 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:28 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754