Reliable Source
Years ago

Rookies, Sixers Squad

I just heard from a reliable source that Brad Gerlach, Adam Benson, and Matt Sutton have made the sixers squad this season. They were told to go out after their studies have finished and will be required to go and try out for 11 12 and 13 next year.

Looks good that they will develop some players for the next few seasons. I heard they have all deserved it as they have all put in a solid oncourt training month.

The 3 them have also just been anounced in the Academy squad.
They are all being developed at the guard spot. I think Gerlach and Sutton are great guards already, and speaking to both Steve and Phil they both are confident that Benson can develop into a 6'4, 6'5 point/off guard. They said that he has the ability to play inside and outside.

Gerlach and Sutton have also been told that they will be developed to do both inside outside aspects of the game.

It will be interesting to see how all three go in the next ABL season and with the sixers trainings.

Topic #687 | Report this topic

Libertine  
Years ago

Although, if they are training at teh Academy and someone there consistently out-performs them, what happens?

Reply #6827 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

hte rookies look strong ihope we keep them

Reply #7021 | Report this post

Yothu  
Years ago

I agree unknown. I think its about time we develop these players and actually keep them. By the sounds of it these three are doing it pretty well. Good luck guys and i hope they do play for the 6ers in the up and coming seasons.

Reply #7053 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:17 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754