Isaac
Years ago

Sturt vs West, April 8

Sturt won both games.

Didn't catch the womens' game, but the mens' game was pretty scrappy. I think the final scoreline was about 98-86 or so. Oscar Forman had 23 and 14, Darren Ng 20, and Austin Smylie had an improved night out with an efficient 19 and 7 I think it was.

For West, Rory Craddock had 20 and I thought Chris Molitor was pretty impressive - had about 16 including four threes. - positive signs with two solid young players coming through. West were missing Paul Bell who had a wedding to attend or something like that.

Topic #6916 | Report this topic

wnba draft pick  
Years ago

so was that wedding bell (s) !!!!

Reply #77308 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I didn't catch much of the girls game, but it was a pretty tight last quarter. Sturt hit some clutch shots down the stretch to pull it out. West threw the ball away 4 or 5 times and it cost them.

The guys was indeed very scrappy. Sturt just had too many options for West to really threaten, but to their credit, they hustled the whole game.

Craddock was very crafty & got to the hole with ease, while also sticking 4 3's. Phillips continued his cold start to the season, shooting 3/10 en route to 16 points. Evans shot horribly (4/18), while Crothers, Pearce & Spadevecchia all tried hard.

For Sturt, Forman had a quiet 23 & 14, but was a little careless with the ball early, leading to 6 TOs. Smylie put in a much improved effort this week, which covered for Gower's sub-par game. Ng was solid, hitting some big 3's on his way to a decent line of 20, 6 & 3.

Reply #77310 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:03 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754