hihorse
Years ago

Get On the Bungey Bandwagon

why ae we always lookin interstate or overseas for players when we have so much quality playing in the abl right here in adelaide. the 36ers should be looking at BUNGEY for the team or squad they need to get him in the next he is one of the best big men going round at the moment in our league. he can score points get boards block shots. he's a mobil 6"9 centre who can run the floor and finish. when his head is in the game he be almost be unstoppable.

Topic #6933 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

and that is the problem, his head.

Reply #77581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hihorse,

guys who are trying to make a good impression should not be getting T's out of games for giving the ref the finger. That sort of behaviour would not be tolerated from a star. And he would only be a benchy.

Reply #77582 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

He is a very raw talent that certainly worthy of an opportunity. To not give him an opportunity based on what people say is an attitude problem is denying a talent that should at leat get ago. Gee if the NBA was to not have colorfull characters like Artess (spelling)Rodman etc then it would be a very deminished competition.

Can you imagine the blog on the websites it will create when an incident happens, and it will, when a couple of fiery guys go toe to toe.

He is worth ago 6ers. The price is right and IF his agression is harnesed, just a little, he could make us all believers.

Reply #77587 | Report this post

hihorse  
Years ago

The guy has had 1 tech for the year i think. over the past month h has had is attitude in tach and is really starting to get on with his basketball. he has an aggression that helps in out on the floor.he is showing his emotions out teh on the court and he is getting results. his emotions make him the player he is.not to many big ive seen get so into the game like he does. he may need to tone down his attitude yes, and with a little guidence that would be done within weeks.

Reply #77596 | Report this post

Years ago

He'd certainly be a change from the boring, unemotional and somewhat unathletic (no offence) big men we've had recently. He can score inside, gets a lot of offensive boards and can block shots as well, which is the Sixers main need right?

Reply #77598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the don't need a headcase. Within weeks? I don't think so. That sort of Adelaide change only comes with age, maturity and help. I think by then it'll be too late - he'll be too old!

Reply #77600 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

If 36ers have a good program for developing our own youngsters, then this is a great way to prove it to the doubters. We have a talented player in our own backyard to work with.
If Bungey does go interstate and learns well, we will have another opposition player to watch and say "Hey, I remember him playing in Adelaide, but he did not get a chance. Oh well, another game next week with another former South australian playing against us"

Reply #77623 | Report this post

achtung baby  
Years ago

I believe it would be a big mistake to not even try and develop a young talent such as bungey. his emotion towards basketball can be a curse for him occasionally, but so far this season i believe apart from one game, he has been able to control himself and has been seriously valuable to his team. I know that the south dragons are in serious talks with him for a roster spot, and the way it has been the last few times, newley, ingles, now holmes and foman, why phil has not even spoken to him? we can't afford to keep losing young talent accross the boarders to teams willing to take a punt on our youngsters. phil needs a kick up the rear and get on the juniors.

Reply #77632 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

achtung baby,
I should of read your e-mail before my phone call with Adrian Newall (assitant and Dragons) I would have put in a good word for Brad. According to Adrian they have 8 of their team signed up and the 9th about to and as such have one more contract to give and a couple of development spots available.

Reply #77633 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

A bandwagon needs a driver and there is definitely nothing upstairs driving that wagon!

Reply #77639 | Report this post

BakedBeanHead  
Years ago

Leave bungey alone the kid plays with passion. Sign him up. Like people have said he could be unstoppable. He runs the floor so well and is a rebound machine. Id take him in my team any day.

Reply #77640 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm a bit of a Brad Bungey fan, but maybe that's because I don't have to coach him! Anyway, last time I started a discussion along the lines of "give Bungey a development spot with the Sixers", Richard Hill emailed me a bit of his history and so on. The Sixers are well aware of Bungey's ability and Steve Breheny remains in contact (to whatever extent) with Hill regarding Bungey's status. Hill specifically mentioned that Bungey was focusing foremost on an apprenticeship.

Reply #77641 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Do you mean a proper Apprenticeship? Or one with the sixers squad???

Reply #77644 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Maybe it would be a good option to get him some anger management? I'm not actually joking either, it would be a very positive move!

Reply #77646 | Report this post

Silly Panther  
Years ago

you were the silly cat that tried to fire him up.

Not only did it make you look like a cheap player, but you ended up on your arse, and more importantly, you lost!

Reply #77649 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Exactly, because it is simply too easy to push his buttons! Why do you think I ended up on my arse and he ended up with an unsportsmanlike foul and being dragged off the court by his coach???
Your not the sharpest tool in the shed are ya?

Reply #77651 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

As in a blue-collar trade, I assume. I'm not going to belittle the guy by spelling out why that would be important to him.

Anyway, I think he'd be worth persisting with - he's aggressive, he's got height, he's got range and he's got youth on his side. How do you go with that checklist? (I think I fail all of them - haha).

Reply #77655 | Report this post

Silly Panther  
Years ago

Panther - who got the W?
Isn't that what it's all about?

Not the brightest crayon in the box, are ya?

ps. I got a ball!

Reply #77661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

push his buttons, or punch him in the face?

Reply #77663 | Report this post

achtung baby  
Years ago

TK, i would like to know what your relationship is with adrian newall, as i am a big fan, and close friend of bradley's and want him to pursue every avenue possible for him to succeed.

to isaac, his apprenticeship is working with cars. parts interpreting and so on. lots of time, and work.

panther, get over it mate, you got spanked on the weekend, he scored 14, had 17 rebounds and five blocks, and if that isn't bad enough he did knock your arse over. made you look like a tool, try basketball buddy, leave the cheap stuff on the sidelines. you obviously didn't win trying it!!!

Reply #77679 | Report this post

gold  
Years ago

Achtung baby,

If your such a close friend, you'd know that the 36ers have invited Brad to their annual Port Lincoln Selection Camp the past two years! First year, turned them down due to work, second year had a soft injury so he declined again. Not only is the brain missing but the heart's not in the right place either!

Reply #77683 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

He didn't knock me on my arse, the boy couldn't knock off your mother with a $1000 dollars in his hand!
It's funny how they have one win over us in a couple of years and they all come running out of the forest to brag about it!

Reply #77688 | Report this post

Silly Panther  
Years ago

Panther - you started this whole thing with

A bandwagon needs a driver and there is definitely nothing upstairs driving that wagon!

Now you're getting your second ass whooping since sat.

Reply #77689 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Isaac add to your check list "plus he can dunk"

Reply #77692 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Well, I have been practising my run up in the bathroom recently. I guess that's more than you'd be able to do in yours. Maybe practise your vertical leap?

Scores level...

Reply #77695 | Report this post

Scott Hamilton  
Years ago

Well how about you put yur name next to your post and i'll give you one!

Reply #77698 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

achtung baby
I represented a close friend of mine, US coach, who was interviewed for the Head Coaches position and my son who is looking to get one of the development spots with the Dragons. Adrian Newall was the person who I spoke with the most during this time and I will be talking with him in 2 weeks time to see if Jason will be having a try out for the Development spot.

Reply #77704 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Everyone knows Bradley has great size and potential. Most, particularly those who play with and against him also know he has problems with discipline. Those that play with him would love to see him make the changes required in the areas of consistent self discipline and attitude to training and improving his game.
The opportunities have always been there, with Mavericks, the Academy and the 36ers, those opportunities are still there, but theres more to it than numbers and potential.

Reply #77726 | Report this post

Scotty H huh?  
Years ago

scott hamilton - give who, one what?

Reply #77793 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:26 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754