Dr Damage
Years ago

Clinical

Sturt's performance this weekend was clinical.

The only question about the state champs is who will come third.

Daylight will come second !

They will clean the floor with the rest of SA basketball

Topic #6996 | Report this topic

easter bunny  
Years ago

sturt did well this weekend

their boys look really strong

girls will be close - north are 20% better this year than last

i would expect north to take out state girls and reserves girls

time will tell - but sturt will need to crank the girls up a bit more to repeat that side of things

Reply #78352 | Report this post

woftam  
Years ago

Any one that says sturt do not teach their under 14's to play in the half court did not see the boys over easter. Scott Buts has this team humming - no one within 30 points over the whole weekend. Wins in 5 championship grades from 12's to 18's boys and girls - great effort.

Reply #78383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The boys were very good in the half court.
Set plays more than before.

The full court pressure was the best of all teams I saw

Reply #78395 | Report this post

Axe Man  
Years ago

The Sturt under 14 girls are not to shabby either. They looked shakey against the Eagles early on sunday morn, then just kicked into gear. The eagles had their feathers ruffled BIG TIME.

Strange; the under14 Sturt girls parents where more interested in watching the Eagles V's Nunuwading game than their own girls game on Sat.Can't understand this.

State Champ predictions for U14 girl Div 1; Sturt followed by Woodville, then Eagles. Woodville are huge improvers, just need to keep cool heads.

Reply #78511 | Report this post

Timmy D sucks!!  
Years ago

talking of state champs and sturt, is jordan dodman playing for them this season? if not i find it suprising that they have gone from last to second or third in a matter of weeks?

Reply #78531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

12 Girls North
Forestville
Sturt
Southern

14 Girls Sturt
Forestville
Woodville
Norwood

16 girls Sturt
North
Norwood
Southern

18 Girls West
North
Sturt
Norwood

21 Women Norwood
Sturt
North
West

12 Girls reserve

North
Sturt
Forestville
West

14 Girls

Sturt
Forestville
Sturt 2
Norwood

16 Girls

North
Norwood
Sturt 1
Sturt 2

18 Girls

West
North
West 2
Forestville

21 No teams

State Girls

Sturt 17
North 13
Norwood 9
Fville 6
West 6
Woodville 2
Southern 2

reserve

North 13
Sturt 10
Fville 6
West 6
Norw 4

Boys State and Reserve to Sturt
Reserve Club Sturt
Reserve Girls North

Reply #78532 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

Well anon 78532

You should have put your name to that.
I reckon you are bloody close.
Considering a lot of running , jumping and blood sweat and tears are going to happen ... I think you have nailed it!
Only the orders may change.
What about Whyalla as a smokey in the 14's

Reply #78537 | Report this post

and who is sturt going to get for u21 state women - they will not finish 3rd on current form - unless one othe bowleys or marino is still eligible

Reply #78548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AxMan - Woodville U14 Girls need to keep more than there cool during the State Champs. They need to keep their elbows down as well. This is not the first time this complaint has happen against them..

Reply #78552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marino is eligible for Sturt.

And yes Dodman has been playing as has Adam Gavranich.

Reply #78559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the U14 Girls dont forget South. Wont beat Sturt but not far off Eagles. South and Woodville are fairly even at the moment and with Woodvill beating Eagles the other week it blows the 2nd, 3rd & 4th spot wide open. Dont think Norwood is anywhere near the mark just yet.
State champs should be very interesting all all 4 teams fighting for National spot's.

Reply #78575 | Report this post

Axe Man  
Years ago

(#78552)Thats what I was getting at but didn't quite want to put it that way. Our team has recently played them and they where "tuff".

If they can keep em down and play with the heart they are playing with at the moment they should do well; as long as you keep check of their foul count.

I know someone who was at the Eagles/ Woodville game at the dome a few weeks ago compiling stats for another team. Woodville got up over the eagles in a suprise win. Woodvilles #1 playmaker finished the game with 7, yeah count em, 7 fouls, but played out the whole game. This kid was instrumental in the win over a much more telented side. If she had of had her fouls awarded properly, and the umps and score bench had been doing their job, she would have fouled out 7 mins and a few secs into the third qtr.

I have seen the stat sheet from this person. They are "employed" by a club to compile stats on heaps of games from all age groups, every week.This person does not make mistakes when it comes to stats.

Comments?

Reply #78576 | Report this post

Axe Man  
Years ago

(#78552)For the record, you said it, but cant disagree.

Also if you are playing them keep check of the foul count. Stast compiled from a third party observer from another club at the Eagles / Woodville game at the Dome the other week show the woodys #1 playmeker had 7 fouls by 7 min mark of the 3rd qtr. This was not picked up by refs, score bench or the Eagles or parents during the game.

This kid had a huge impact on the game especially the last qtr, that she should have spent on the side lines.

Reply #78577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you saying South can beat the Eagles for a nationals spot?
Or is there 3 Teams going?

Reply #78625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

with Woodville beating forestville the other week it is quiet possible. We will have to wait and see

Reply #78629 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

How Quiet!!...SShhh!

Reply #78642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt and Forestville to go and Woodville and South or Norwood not in the hunt. I realize Woodville beat Forestville but it won't happen again. South are dreaming if they have a chance at Nationals (ever). Not far off the Eagles? lost by 31 last time they played. I think the gap is bigger than you think.

Reply #78678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How the hell did they lose to woodville then?
Didnt the eagles lose last weekend as well?

Reply #78679 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

Axe Man your mail on the 7 foul count is correct. I know the person who compiles the stats for that "other team" and confirmed this today when bumped into him/her (yes im confused).

Who is to blame for a seven foul count on the same player being missed? Umpires, coaches, score bench? I know it was a Woodys parent doing the sheet.

Reply #78688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vadersmate...Your not suggesting.........

Reply #78689 | Report this post

Timmy D sucks!!  
Years ago

Adam Gavranich. anon (#78559) who's this?

Reply #78691 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

#78689 Im am suggesting an honest mistake was made, thats all. Nothing more. I just was wondering in this situation who is to blame.

I suggest a lot of things, never deliberate foul play by the score bench. Lets face it, most times the score bench is made up from mums & dads that dont have much experiance doing the sheet or clock. Mistakes will be made, it just probably hurts when it may cost you a game.

Reply #78693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti would have been speeewwwingg!!

Reply #78694 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Can we please just remember that the ultimate winner is BASKETBALL!

Reply #78697 | Report this post

Axe Man  
Years ago

(#78694) You need to get a user name Chief!

Reply #78743 | Report this post

Cheif  
Years ago

Thanks axeman

Reply #78749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and dictionary?

Reply #78775 | Report this post

Axe Man  
Years ago

I before E EXCEPT after c.

Reply #78823 | Report this post

HAMMER  
Years ago

Regarding the elbows being thrown by Woodville U14S girls, I feel you should be blaming the parents for allowing 12 year old girls to play in this manner. To encourage these girls to play like this so often is a shame by only the parents.
Dont blame only the Umps !!
Also remember - the State Champs are a New kettle of fish !!!!

Reply #78829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball is a contact sport. It say's so in the rule book. Accidents happen when two players go for the ball all the time.

Sometimes one player ends up with a blood nose or a split lip. That does not mean that one player was deliberately tryng to hurt the other player.

If the umpires did not call a foul then perhaps some parents are over reacting because their kid got hurt.

Reply #78830 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Woodville u/14 s are a very good team.
I dont think them beating forr was any fluke!

They have not been overtly physical when we have played them this year and they could do it(Beat forr) again.
They will need to deal with sturts full court stuff to go further.
Sturt are the pace setters in u/14s. the ball movement and their transition are the equal of the best in the country.

Reply #78831 | Report this post

HAMMER  
Years ago

There was no over reaction by the parents. I saw it. When a play stands still and deliberately swings an elbow it's not accidental !
As I said - don't blame the ump's - they are still learning, the parents are not !!!!
Shame parents !!!

Reply #78842 | Report this post

Axe Man  
Years ago

Tell it like it is Hammer. Back off the Refs. Some of the parents need a long hard look at them selves.

Reply #79000 | Report this post

Sir Lance a lot  
Years ago

Hammer...how long have parents been coaching the teams...you idiot.

Woodville girls are improving and there are a couple of very raw kids in there that will improve and then not appear to be so reckless with their elbows. They would'nt be the first to use their elbows as they are coached, but just need to learn the next step. Umpiring closely will teach them not to be so aggressive when they do have their elbows up.

Reply #79122 | Report this post

Sir Lance a lot  
Years ago

Anon...(78532)

You are not giving Woodville U16 girls a chance in state...why not?

Reply #79123 | Report this post

Club 20 fan  
Years ago

Get off your high horse, Sir Lance a lot.

Sorry, couldnt resist.

Reply #80068 | Report this post

Sir Lance a lot  
Years ago

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...etc etc etc...club 20 fan

Reply #80099 | Report this post

Magpie  
Years ago

Club 20 and Sir Laugh a lot, oops I mean Sir Lance a lot; Please stop , my sides are splitting.

Seriously, Sir Lance a lot; can you explain what you mean by

"Hammer...how long have parents been coaching the teams...you idiot." I get the idiot part (good call) but what are you saying on the parents bit.

For the record I dont think HAMMER and Axe Man are the sharpest tools in the shed;

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...etc etc etc... (copyright Sir Lance a lot 2006)

Oooh aaah that was a funny piece of work......... I think I'll go floss now.

Reply #80137 | Report this post

Hammer  
Years ago

Sir Lance a lot

It's obvious by your useless comments on this forum to why some get blocked. If you feel the need to get personal, why dont you go look in a miiror and have a good look at yourself.
What I mean by parents being a shame at some clubs is that they don't teach their own children values in life so that they have fun in basketball. It's obvious your not old enough to have learnt these so go talk to somebody who has values.
As to not being the sharpest tool around, thats what I think you must have in your hand - A tool !

Reply #80267 | Report this post

woodville played southern the other friday in u14 G

what was the outcome?

no more walkouts I hope!

Reply #80269 | Report this post

Magpie  
Years ago

Sorry Sir Lance a lot. I think you just got trashed because of one of my posts.

I still stand by the sharpest tool biz though.

Reply #80372 | Report this post

Sir Lance a lot  
Years ago

Magpie...

the inference from Hammer that the players are being taught or instructed by their parents that they should stand and swing their elbows like a frenzied shark feeding was outragious...parents would not be instucting this. The fact that they are being coached to hold the ball at their chest with their elbows up so that they are in body position to pass off is more lickly the case. The fact that one or at most two players swing wildly once in this position is IMO their way of clearing the defence from the immediate area...this may be a deliberate attempt of becoming clear but I do not believe that the player is thinking "I'll do this and hit anyone who comes near"...I do not condone this action and believe that in time the players who do this will learn not to.

Hammer...

your still an idiot...I never wrote anything about sharp tools or the like. You grandpa.

Reply #80723 | Report this post

Sir Lance a lot  
Years ago

Take Your Medicine...

Woodville won by a couple...had three of the starting 5 fouled out...finished with 4 on the court. Southern had one or two foul out.

Umpires were instructed before the game to call a foul on any contact...even down to the hand on the opposition to get touch.

Reply #80724 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:43 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754