Lee
Years ago

Sale of the Sixers?

Have BASA sold the sixers yet?

If so - will that mean all contracts have to be re negotiated?

Will the owners still have the business comunity support?

Or does anyone really care?

Topic #7021 | Report this topic

Awesome Man !  
Years ago

Will people read previous threads before asking questions ????

... No Probably not.

Reply #78787 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Even though I run the risk of getting carted away in Awesome Man's Awesome Van, I'll try to add something here:

Whither Ikea? You may have heard a whisper that a big Swedish furniture chain is opening in Adelaide soon. Why didn't we (ie BASA) offer them some cut-price land and a big shed in Beverley, plus a professional sporting franchise to do with as they see fit, rather than have them start from scratch near the airport?

It's Saturday afternoon. You head to Ikea off Crittenden Road to buy that swivel-headed fluoro desk light you've been desperate to have - why not stick around for a couple of hours, watch them clear the furniture showroom to reveal the basketball court underneath and then settle back to watch Brett Maher et al play for the Adelaide Ikeas? With their hilarious new mascot, the silver key thingy?

Mixing two Australian two religions - shopping and sport - makes complete sense. There's still 10 days before the end of April - is there enough time to get this off the ground before the BASA stuff gets out?

Reply #78806 | Report this post

Awesome Man!  
Years ago

Chances of Bo Hamburger's idea working ...

Slim to None.

(Bo your safe from my travels fighting crime but consider yourself warned.)

Reply #78807 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

At his upcoming workplace, Bo will be safe from everyone -- no one could be bothered travelling that far to get him!

Reply #78810 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

As my wife is already at IKEA spending lots of money I think BASA missed that boat.

Reply #78811 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

ikea are on airport land for tax reasons

Reply #78944 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Also by being on airport land do they not come under fedral trading hours as opposed to state?

Think Harbour Town is under this as well.

Reply #78975 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I think you meant they DO come under Federal trading hours instead of state trading hours.

Reply #78983 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:52 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754