Isaac
Years ago

Sixers/Lightning/Dome sale kicks off Saturday

It looks like we can expect advertisements for the sale of the Sixers and Lightning to hit the newspaper on Saturday.

State Government-appointed interim controller Bruce Carter last night said there had already been significant interest in the 36ers and the Lightning.

"We're seeking expressions of interest, with those closing towards the end of May," Carter said of Saturday's ad.

"We've had at least four or five serious parties prior to the announcement (of the sale) and they have reconfirmed their interest."

MVP Sports has previously expressed interest and Sixers' chairman Brenton Higgins has another potential consortium percolating.
Hopefully the process will wrap up in time for a new owner to get their season ticket marketing rolling.

Topic #7091 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I assume it'll be in the Classifieds in the "Sporting equipment" part? ;-)

Reply #79511 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm just excited that basketball might have an advertisement in the newspaper at all. ;)

Reply #79513 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

If would be in the "give away" section of the classifieds wouldn't it?

Reply #79517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be nice if so many so-called supporters the Sixer were not smart arses.

Reply #79519 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

take a chill pill anon #79519 if this is arcing you up dont read any other post or you will blow a gasket,

just a bit of light heartedness.

Reply #79526 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

It would be nice if so many so-called supporters did not hide behind "Anonymous"

Reply #79552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it might be nice buts its so funny.

Reply #79555 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

i don't see what you mean anon. What's so funny? We just wouldn't care who it was if you be under the name of anonymous.

Reply #79559 | Report this post

Eagle  
Years ago

Put it on EBAY you never know who may be browsing for a bargin

Reply #79569 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

What about....

'Free to a good home.'

Reply #79572 | Report this post

Mark Eaton  
Years ago

Additional generic 36ers sale joke

Reply #79573 | Report this post

I've heard rumours that Choco/port Adelaide football club have shown great interest in the buying of the sixers& not sure if they have interests in the dome or lightning though. Apparently Phil n Choco r good buds?& but I don't know much about politics& so I dunno if any of it is true& But it would be great to see SA sports supporting each other :o) fantastic&

Dunno bout the team hehehe I'm more of a Richmond fan :oS
**no pay-outs please& :oP

Reply #79618 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

did anyone have trouble reading that post or is it just me?

Reply #79622 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

just you sixers33

Reply #79629 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

Don't confuse the comments from Ports President (who runs a Venture Capital Company)as being the views of the other Board members.

Port needs other sources of income yes, (questionable at least from the 36ers going forward) and certainly don't have the cash to outlay.

So trust me, they won't even be bidding.

Phil's boy Higgins, remains the short priced favourate.

Reply #79656 | Report this post

lol mmmmk

cheers for clearing that up fiji :o)

do we know of any hot contenders?

or shall i wait and be suprised??

Reply #79670 | Report this post

anomymous  
Years ago

Does the successful lightning buyer have to take the coach

Reply #79709 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What would generally happen is that they'll release an ROI or possibly go straight to tender as of Saturday. Then they'll likely permit questions from registered interests and from there I think the usual process is that responses are made available to all parties.

So, it might not be a question you could get a solid answer on yet. Given their situation though (losing $200k/yr) unless another bid was taking them on it wouldn't surprise me if they were quite flexible with regard to things like that.

Then again, if you're just sniping at the coach, forget that I bothered replying.

Reply #79711 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:40 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754