Isaac
Years ago

A Sixers Triple Double?

From the Sixers roster for 2004/05, who's most likely to get a triple double? Would you put a bet on for even odds that anyone will get one during the entire season?

Options are Maher, Farley, Nash, Rychart, Holmes, Cooper, Forman, Rees, Ng, Williams.

I'd say there's a very good chance of no one getting one.

If any, my tip would be Maher because he picks up a lot of rebounds for his size. Farley would be next I think. Wildcards: Nash and Holmes.

Topic #712 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

J Ho and Brett would be best bets if Oscar has an awesome night there is no reason why he could not as well.

Reply #7166 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

If the sixers play t allone night and let Holmes stay on long minutes, i'd say he's a chance

Reply #7193 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

With Rees' size, he could achieve it by Rebounds/Assists/Shot Blocking.

Reply #7199 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

i say holmes

Reply #7215 | Report this post

Billo  
Years ago

I'd also suggest Holmes will get one, he'll have another breakout season and have a bit more of the ball without Cat.

Reply #7251 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Rychart for sure, all ready stitched the points and rebounds. Few assists of offensice rbnds and he's in.

Go the Rusty Piecart!

Reply #7268 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't mean this to be offensive (sad pun, sorry), but the first thing Rychart does with an offensive rebound is put it back in. That's probably his key strength. I think his chance for a triple double would be very slight.

He would be our top chance for the most double-doubles though.

Reply #7270 | Report this post

Chris Pontius  
Years ago

A agree with your summation Issac, there is as much chance of Dusty getting a triple double as there is of Jason Williams having a career beyond season 04/05. This guy just loves to shoot the ball too much.

For me, Holmes is the pick of the litter, he could achieve 10 or more in 3 categories if he see's enough of the ball.

Dark horse is Nash. He has the talent, we've all seen it, just a matter of fitness and oppurtunity!

Reply #7277 | Report this post

Years ago

I can do ok at the sixer double single being the Giant Twin/Churro combination......

Reply #7284 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I also agree Isaac. The fact that Rychart scores so highly suggests that he would take the shots himself rather than pass the ball on. It seems unlikely that he will achieve a triple double, but while he is scoring so well, that's a huge asset to the team. I feel Holmes would be a better candidate for the triple double as he already scores in double figures, and rebounds in double figures, however he does not score that highly that he would not get many opportunities to assist. Having said all that, my money is still on Rees as he has the size to Rebound, Shot Block and assist. He just needs to be conscious of this when playing to try and achieve the double digits in all three categories.

Reply #7346 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:51 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754