Dr Dunkenstein
Years ago

Jason Smith IS Captain America!!!

Okay, so the headline doesn't really tell you what this link is, but its funny anyway.

Rolan Roberts blasts the Kings, and in doing so, label's Jason Smith Captain America, or Captain Australia! Classic!

Topic #7138 | Report this topic

Sixers33  
Years ago

sign Roberts!!!!

he's a Sydney hater now.

Sign him quickly Smyth!

Reply #80004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

damn - i thought school holidays were over.

Reply #80006 | Report this post

Randy Watson  
Years ago

If Smith is Captain America....doe s that make Goorjian Wonder Woman???

Reply #80041 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

It's nearly the same story as Dusty, when he was given the run around by th Victoria Giants.

Sign Roberts fast!

Reply #80045 | Report this post

Magpie  
Years ago

All's well at the Kingdome, NOT! They have always been such a classy piece of work.

Reply #80136 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

With what Roland has been saying I just wonder if there is some Salary Cap issues in all of this. Jobs (potentially) and Accomodation add to salary=problems?? Especially when you consider the amount they would have paid out for CJ, Jason Smith etc.

Reply #80142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

with Cj and one import already released, they would not be having salary problems.

Reply #80144 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

(#80142)Retrospective problems is the issue.

Reply #80154 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

so they offer nice harbor side apartments, PAYING bills. THIS is how Sydney and others get around the salary cap. Why doesn't the Sixers do something like this.

Maybe a a good player put him on minimum and pay like 60,000 worth of bills or something and give him a nice apartment, free petrol, a car. maybe that would entice a player to go minimum.

Reply #80197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers33,

Have you not worked out that the sport of basketball is in receivership because they can't afford to do those sort of things?

I am amazed!!!

Reply #80200 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

the NEW owners

Reply #80400 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I am with Sixers33 on this one. It is easy to see where there is a gross disparity in what some teams can offer package wise. It does make a mockery of the salary cap.

Sixers imports can be put up in Distinctive Homes Display Home with a car from City Mazda and all the Pura Milk you can drink. But even then I would not take a minimum NBL salary even if I got to play basketball for a living.

Reply #80523 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:05 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754