All star 5 vote now for ABA CENTRAL

Who would everyone sellect for all star fives at this stage of the season.

Here is mine in then men:

Dix
Hambour
Cooper
Ng
Campbell

and the girls:

Beatty
Woosnam
Bowley M
Lindsay
Kelson

Is there going to be a All Star game again this year? I love the idea and these two teams are quality but not Wnbl/Nbl standard...

Topic #7192 | Report this topic

VC fan  
Years ago

Do you mean pick the best player for each position or the 5 best players in the league?

Reply #80763 | Report this post

Tickle  
Years ago

S. Lambour
M. Paget
M. Fellowes
S. Palmer
L. Smith

No bias

Reply #80766 | Report this post

Reporter  
Years ago

Yeah, I agree with you WLIIA, but Sutton needs to be in there ahead of Cambell at the point position. Sutton has shown that he is the best point guard in the leauge this year...and for the first time in a long time, Dix will have competition for his clubs MVP award at the end of the year!

Reply #80783 | Report this post

WLIIA  
Years ago

vc fan, all star five is usualy the best five in there positions.

what about the girls any objections?

Reply #80801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Reporter' wrote: "Sutton has shown that he is the best point guard in the leauge this year"

I beg to differ..

*Sutton is averaging 16, 5, 5 (32.1 HSA)

*Zorich is averaging 13, 7, 6 (35.3 HSA)
*2nd in Assists, 3rd in steals per game.

Ziggy has run the show for an inexperienced Rockets team and has helped them secure 3rd place on the ladder after the first half of the season.

Dont get me wrong, Sutton is a great player, but I would put Ziggy ahead of Sutton at this stage.

Reply #80806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

5. Dix
4. Hambour
3. Cooper
2. Ng
1. Sutton

Reply #80819 | Report this post

1 to 10  
Years ago

Ziggy is crazy. The best open court player in the league

Reply #80820 | Report this post

Reporter  
Years ago

Anon, you wrote that Zorich has helped North secure 3rd place by the half way mark of the year...and what position on the ladder has Sutton had a major influence in Forestville being at the same time!

Sutton can do everything Zorich can, and he can shoot the ball! That is why the sixers should go for Sutton over Zorich... to be a guard at national league level, you have to be able to shoot at a respectable clip!

Not saying Zorich isn't a good player, and is probably as valuable to his team as Sutton is for his, but I don't think he is as complete a player as Sutton....just my thoughts.

Reply #80827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only reason i didnt mention Sutton and the Eagles being in first place... is because Sutton has a lot more help on his team than Ziggy does, which makes Suttons job a lot easier in my opinion.

Reply #80832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sutton National level just doesnt sound right, I cant see him matching up with any guard in the league

Reply #80858 | Report this post

Reporter  
Years ago

I disagree with both of those comments. Sutton could easily play a role for any national league team, and he is as important to the eagles as Zorich is to the rockets, if not more so!

Reply #80864 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Guys:

1- Zorich
2- Ng
3- Forman
4- Hambour
5- Dix

Apologies: Smylie, Cooper, Hill

Ladies:

1- Hurst
2- Lindsay
3- Woosnam
4- Browne
5- Beatty

Apologies: Kelson, Cooper, Bowley (x3)

Reply #81130 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:35 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754