Sixers33
Years ago

NBL improving...

Just went on the site, they now have another ad on their website. They now have: AXA, Virgin Blue, and Disney.

More $$$

So... i was thinking how else have they improved from say... 4 years ago?

FoxSports coverage better? (even though it is pretty bad)
Going into Asia?

Topic #7244 | Report this topic

Daniel  
Years ago

If you are a slightly talented coach, you can head to Sydney and have as many rings as you want, without having to worry about bothersome issues like salary caps ...

Reply #81365 | Report this post

Tickle  
Years ago

Obviously a bit behind with the Free-to-Air television goals and marketing the game in Australia... BUT... you can see what Burton is up to. Get the money from Asia, this will make it attractive for Australian investors, then we will see improvement domestically.

It's a chicken and egg theory.

Reply #81382 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Daniel, you're barking up the wrong tree with regard to the salary cap. There are other teams doing worse. If you heard some of the salaries a few of the Kings were on, you'd be surprised. A few of those younger guys are very, very cheap.

Reply #81385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane Cough Cough

Reply #81395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and north of brisvegas too.

Reply #81401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I find it amusing all the shit a lot of people, including Boti always lays on other teams for rorting the salary cap.
I think we have been the only team that has ever been fined for breaking it (mainly because we so blatantly flaunted it).
We have never won a championship without being over the cap, in fact the back to back years we were closer to double the cap than the original cap.
It is only now that we are forced because of financial constraints that we are adhering to it.
Just a little hypocritical, in my opinion.

Reply #81407 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Actually I think you will find last time Adelaide was fined for cap breaches it was a technical issue (from memory something about providing cars).

The admin had clarified before signing contracts that it was ok, which it was, but the NBL then changed the rule during the season.

Thats from memory, but I do know it wasnt for a "blatant" breach. First time possibly was.

Reply #81502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and well done Issac. Your getting more $$$ on your website.

The google ads, rent ads and State Champs Gear ads as well as custon basketball gear.

Reply #81615 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The rent ad is for my house. The state champs ad is helping out Reesy. This forum ain't a gold mine!

Reply #81653 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Wow - and there I was thinking that you lived in the Ferrari!

Reply #81661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

u have 2 houses?

Leaving Mitcham?

No more Imperial Room?

I'm sure you would get something from here.

Reply #81758 | Report this post

sixers33  
Years ago

sorry, my name wasn't on my posts-

Reply #81812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wasn't one of the salary cap breaches on MD's house, they the sixers said they paid him as part of this contract ex amount to pay his house out that was only worth $100,000 NBL had the house independantly valued and it was $150,000 i made those figures up but I think that is one of the breaches we got caught on.

Reply #81816 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:19 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754