zimzam
Years ago

The K-mart 36 ers management is problem

We have had the team and we have had the opportunity to win in playoffs, but with the shonky Mum and Dad show, board/front office that Phil has had to work with. Their inability to fill a stadium, game day sound system, and them damn buzzard raffle ticket sellers with the 20 buck prize, and all the problems with looking after the players. ei the Willie quilt saga. Ther has been a K-mart mindset that has plagued the 36 for a long time now. No wonder we can't get over the line in the playoffs. Some people say its Smythe? Have you watched how he coaches the team during the game? So relaxed, smart, chilled out and confident (sometime even in shorts!) Not like the some of the other freaked out Jack-in-the box coaches in the league? If he goes who do you get? Go for an out of towner like the crows did Ayres? No way! Maybe Ninnis one day, but not yet.

Topic #7245 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for that post Mrs Smyth.

Reply #81369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so relaxed so smart so chilled he can allow players to be beaten by 40 odd points

so relaxed so smart so chilled he can snipe at the referees constantly

so relaxed so smart so chilled he can allow his team to be eliminated in the playoffs

so relaxed so smart so chilled he can tell players during a televised timeout - when they are winning - that is ok to lose but not to lose by more than the split

so relaxed so smart so chilled he can allow players like Ingles, Newley and others to go elsewhere due to lack of interest

please don't ruin my day any more....

Reply #81389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon i agree unfortunately. admin hasnt helped but he hasnt had a joey wright enough

Reply #81404 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Leigh Mathew, Brisbane Lions side lost to St Kilda by over 140 points last year and the year before that Neil Craig as the unofficial coach of the Adelaide Crows lost to the Brisbane Lions by about 140 points. The Adelaide Crows smashed Port Power in the Semi-final last year by 86 points.

Are Mark Williams, Neil Craig and Leigh Mathews bad coaches? And there are hundreds of other cases that exist.

It's correct that the Adelaide 36er did have some appalling losses last year and yes Phil and Steve have to take some of the blame but so do the player who were on the court. Losing by 40 points doesn't make them bad coaches because any coach will be put into that situation if they have coached for long enough, all it does is give his knocker an opportunity to bring this up every time they want to sound devious about his coaching record.

Time to get of his back and show him some support.

Reply #81409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the players werent calling the 5-on, 5-off subs, and i guarante you that players don't like that.

Reply #81411 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

I never thought I'd ever come across someone who thought Smyth wearing shorts was a positive.

Reply #81442 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Not with those knobbly knees.

Reply #81458 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:59 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754