Anonymous
Years ago

Western Magic

Why does everybody bag Magic?
I have been playing with magic since we were just social and its always been good fun. Do people bag us because they are scared that if we keep playing distict their club wont do well or do you really just hate us???? The players that came from Woodville either chose to come over to Magic or they might have already been playing social with Magic, but it was their choice if they did come from Woodville.

Topic #7246 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Enjoy playing District while you can. This might be your last chance as a Magic player before you're back playing social ball...

Reply #81398 | Report this post

anon for now  
Years ago

i say welldone to magic hope ur club goes places, ive played with a few of the magic guys and there a great bunch of blokes and i think people need stop holding grudges agaist them i dont.

Reply #81400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

people are just looking for something to bag to make themselves feel better. I guess magic is taking the focus a lil off the lions. people really need to grow up. everyone playing for magic is there to have some fun and play ball. it may not be a north or forestville but who cares.

Reply #81403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Do people bag us because they are scared that if we keep playing distict their club wont do well "

HA! No, that's not it at all.
I'm not involved in Magic, Woodville or otherwise (I find the Woodville v Magic thing quite amusing tho), but I tell you why I don't like them - because Magic people always come on here and talk themselves up (you haven't here but others) despite playing (and destroying) lower division teams.
People would respect your group a lot more if you let your results do the talking.

Reply #81405 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

If you entered the Div 2/3 Barossa carnival with only one div 1 player then I have no problem, If you DIDNT then i have no respect for you.

Reply #81446 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

because you start threads like this

Reply #81448 | Report this post

yes... who did start this... k well here i go trying to clear things up again... there woodville v magic thing... is fairly non existant these days... n why the hell r people still sooking about barossa carnival? and the people who "talked up" the club did it in defence... we GOT bagged all the time... lots of criticism not much support which is understandable... y the hell (i wish i cud cuss there...) are people still going on about it!!! and i mean my fellow magic boys too!! WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE FOLKS!!! N STOP MAKING STUPID POLLS ABOUT MAGIC... SERIOUSLY FOLKS... IT'S KINDA OLD AND VERY VERY BORING!

Reply #81461 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

3t 3d, this whole thread was started by a magic player ASKING why people bag them, I did not accuse them of cheating, but if they did, then that is a reason why, i was just answering the question.

Reply #81465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well said VC fan. Magic has a huge ego problem. They need to be in the spotlight and when they are not they don't like it. Barossa was cheating for self gratification (you can get that other ways) and did no good for the people and teams that deserved to be in the tournament. Play ball and enjoy it while you can. If you do not develope players instead of taking players from clubs they are not happy with then you will die. At the moment you guys look OK in some age groups but seniors will not be anything to brag about till they come through your own system. Stop comming on this site and talking yourselves up. You had a chance to show us all how good you are last weekend at State Champs and the excuses came out about why you didn't play. Individually most of you are great but there are some people in your club that have personal issues with certain clubs and until they go and people that are there for the right reasons take over you will always get people running you down.

Reply #81485 | Report this post

i dont wanna argue here... firstly about state champs... all i know is that the boys (ie u/20's) were told that there was a miscommunication and an error on basa's behalf. as for the people in our club who have personal issues with other clubs..? who r they? from your point of view... i can understand the irony of a magic player starting this thread but another trying to down play it.. lol i cant speak for evey1 at the club... and im not speak for the club at all... jus my point of view! :o) just like every1 else... and to VC i didnt mean to direct any criticism to you at all... and anon 81485 what do u mean about taking players from other clubs? the magic club, essentially, was started by players from other clubs, YES. but we were all part of magic as well!! that was then... people who join the club now come at their own accord... as far as i know anyway... so dont bag 'MAGIC' as a club... u got a problem with A player... then criticise them...

Reply #81518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am 81485 and I was not running individual players if you can read then try and look at my post again. The people I am talking about Know who they are. The biggest problem is that they seem to have a big influence over the running of the club. Get on with playing and stop your ego trips.

Reply #81526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OK, time for a parent to have a say. There is no problem with the people running the club, they do a fantastic job and are fully supported by the parents. If there was a problem, do you think the club would have grown like it has?

81485 - I can tell you why we didn't play in state championships and it is not an excuse. Fact - BASA failed to inform us that championships were coming up and when we enquired, we were told it was too late.
Talking it up on this site? The first thread was from a junior player asking why people bag the club and from there it snowballs to Barossa and State Championships.

The kids are proud to be Western Magic and so they should be.

Reply #81537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Club and kids OK. Most parents OK. Management self interest at heart.

Reply #81555 | Report this post

Unsure  
Years ago

Who said BASA failed to inform the Magic about State Champs?

Reply #82151 | Report this post

there are a lot of ex other club district players there - surely they new the state champs were coming ! duh

look if whyalla and limestoners can get their shite together

magic should

i reckon they couldn't have been bothered - most of their teams are div 3 down

Q - did northern rattlers get notification?

Reply #82152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're all full of it, get a life and let Magic get on with it

Reply #82260 | Report this post

apparently basa themselves has said to the magic admin. that it was their mistake... and magic admin DID enquire about state champs but i think nominations were already closed... or sumthing along those lines...

Reply #82325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about the suspected poaching from other clubs. ive heard heaps of stories of magic officials approaching kids from other district teams and trying to get them over to there club. wheres the club morals

Reply #82336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Triple T Double D, "apparently" is a dangerous word. Who told you that BASA was at fault?

Reply #82355 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Question, why do Western Magic go out and play full court traps against inferior opposition (U20) for the whole game? What is to be gained from this, other than humilliating your opponent?

I realise there are two schools of thought on this, but as the Div 3 comp has dissolved and some teams have moved into the Div 2 comp, there is a huge difference between top and bottom. It is only the lower teams I question this tactic.

This is only a question and do not read anything else into this as I respect your rights.

Reply #82373 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Mott, i am definately in no way connected to western magic, but these guys are capable of playing div2 amaybe div1, if they are killing teams, maybe someone will see this and they will get the chance to move up a div or get oppertunities to play higher quality teams.

Reply #82390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is it so important to know who told Triple T that it was BASA's fault? So you can launch a lot of abuse at that person? There was no "apparent" about it, that's what happened. Feel free to check with BASA.

Reply #82405 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

Actually, that's not what happened. You've been misinformed. Feel free to check with BSA.

Reply #82435 | Report this post

righteo... so basa wasn't at fault? hmmm major confusion!!! i would definatly LOVE to chase this one up... but how do i get in contact with bsa? email?

Reply #82486 | Report this post

Homer Rules  
Years ago

doh!

phone? website? fax? email? homing pigeon? mental telepathy? ouiji board? crystal ball? magic wand? morse code? sms? confessional? sign language?

Reply #82489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok Paul Arnott, what is your version?

Reply #82517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic is letting the Div2 competition results do their talking. Just lay off them. If they didn't want to play State Champs that is their business.

Reply #82531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Feel free to contact BSA on 8444 6444 and ask for Paul Arnott. You will get the true information rather than the rumour and gosip your club is spreading.

Reply #82542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Called Paul. Magic did not nominate so let it be. Their reason is their own. They will be in div 1 under 20s next year and will do OK.

Reply #82597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i am a magic player myself and i no that no 1 from magic has gorn up 2 people from other clubs and asked them 2 play 4 us. All of us wanted to come to magic on our own will so get a life and let us have fun and play ball!!!!!!

Reply #83283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#83283)Are you sure no one has gorn and asked players to come to magic from other clubs?

Reply #83293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Western magic r a joke. Leys all stop pretending its kewl and start laighing at them sorry with them.

Reply #83294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes i do no, no one has gorn up 2 people from other clubs 2 ask them 2 play.
and people talkin about we r in low divs and thats way were doin good, this is where BASA put us because were a new club

Reply #83337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They havent 'gorn' up to other players, but have they 'gone' up to them?

Reply #83345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'gorn' 'gone' same thing i dont care but all the people playing 4 magic want 2 play for magic so get a life and leave us alone

Reply #83366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no

Reply #83367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no they have not gone up 2 people

Reply #83368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"'gorn' 'gone' same thing i dont care but all the people playing 4 magic want 2 play for magic so get a life and leave us alone "

The easiest way to be left alone is to let your basketball do the talking and stop comming onto this site and talk yourselves up. Magic has asked players from other clubs. Where do you think they got their players of any worth from.They certainly did not come through the magic player developement squad. That has been left to others. Grow up what is done is done. Stop trying to say you are being picked on and just get on with your game and shut the hell up.

Reply #83378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

most of the people came from woodville or just played socialy i came from woodville and i went to magic because i didnt like playing for woodville and most of my team went to magic because they were sick of the club they were at and it was a new club so it was a new start

Reply #83426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big deal (#83426) we are sick to death of all your chest beating. Play the game and get a life if all you have to do with it is to come onto this site and try to justify yourselves and defend your club it is pretty sad.Let your basketball do your speaking and realise the more you try to get people to listen to your story the more they get turned off. It has all been said before. Most of you guys are OK and you play well for the competition you are in. Train hard, play hard and let the results speak for them selves. You are good enough to give a lot of div 1 sides a go but you have to earn that right. Do it on the court not the chalkboard.Also give credit where it is due. Your old clubs made you the players you are now not the magic.

Reply #83456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if you want to play at magic - that is your choice - enjoy!

the rest is just opinion

all district clubs started somewhere

however if you want to play ABL in the next year or two - do not hold your breath at magic

I feel a bit sorry for woodville and west - they are not up to full strength and then a new club kicks off - in their hatching ground - st clair

what continuity can magic offer if as a junior you walked in the door at 11 years of age ?

what is magics vision - bigger and better or ???

was magic created from a need for basketball for kids ? - or to stick it up woodville and west ?

fine line - time will tell

good on them anyway - if they have kept disgruntled warriors and bearcats from quitting altogether

Reply #83459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go magic hows stef, iz, sam and that doing i need to go out and check out u's play see if u's r good anymore lol

Reply #83476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic under 20s not top of div2? Whats going on surely there must have been injuries. With the squad they have they should be in div1 and doing well. Come on guys.

Reply #83937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

8th?

Reply #84664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

4th and soon will be number 1. Watch out div1.

Reply #87392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might be 4th but best percentage by far. Couple of more games and Magic is top.

Reply #88402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barossa will be good for the magic juniors but under 20s will romp it in again. Should have played States to test yourselves not a lower standard competition. No offence to Barossa people but the competition would be a good one if all teams were of a similar standard.

Reply #88520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are they top yet?

Reply #92266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under 20s lost again Friday. Are they as good as they think they are?

Reply #92944 | Report this post

heinz winkler  
Years ago

u20s rule and they will all play nba someday and when that day comes they will compencate poor little heinz winkler

Reply #104233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under 20s folding. Not much chance of NBA now.

Reply #104238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I shall reamain anonymous but most of the people that play at magic will know me.. I played in the summer season of 06/07 in under 16 boys in div 4 as my first ever district club.. Our team was of a superior standard but only came runners up to torrens valley in final [I got fouled out with scores tied].
Throughout my short stint there, I was asked to play in the under 20 men div 2 team when they were shoirt of players through injurie.. this meant i played 2 games a week... [is that magic cheating???]
I now have changed clubs to forestville and am really enjoying it here.. I played div 2 as a first year last season and im now going to play div 1 this season in under 16's...
The coaching and organisation at magic is shocking!!!
there is hardly any development at the lower grades...
the u/12/14 boys and under 10/12/14/16 girls all trained togetehr over 2 courts on monday and wednesday nights.
Most of the players at magic played socially b4 the club was started up as a district unit.. they are definately not div 1 standard in any age group.. They have some really good individual 1 on 1 players but they arent great team players and dont do the hard work like boxing out, movement off ball in offense, poor on ball defence, not in stance in offence and dont play with enough intensity...
If they got some proper coaches then yea they might perform better but will easily get caught out in a div 1 game..
Im lucky i changed clubs to forestville... the only people taht should go to magic are ones taht dont have div 1/aba goals and want to play some real poor streetball...
Magic arent going to last very long b4 the fold unless they get alot of help in admin.. we played 9 out of 11 games wearing our training tops which were as tight as hell becoz our proper guernseys hadent had came yet...
West, woodville and magic should all join to make a large club called the western warriors cat-magic
every1 knows west are gay.. especially their under 18 boys div 3..
later
from the eagle eye ;)

Reply #152626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

u idiot

Reply #152637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats unkind to idiots.

Reply #152648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To "Eagle Eye" you really haven't made it too obvious who you are have you? ...Are you still in love with #13? And no I'm not talking about you.. then again I actually could be.
Was playin at Magic REALLY that bad? Did you really hate it to that degree that you have to come on here and bag us just like everyone else seems too?
When are people going to realise that we are not going to fold? We are playing district and every season we get more and more players and teams. Get over it.

Reply #156311 | Report this post

number18. : ]  
Years ago

OhMyGod. Well .. "Eagle Eye" first of all make it anymore odvious, we all know who you are at magic and we are not very happy. * Crosses Eyebrows *

I'm sick and tired of people paying out magic. Seriously, Its getting really old. We started this club to play basketball, not to start fights. When i saw the horrible things people wrote, I was shocked and appalled. It really is pathetic and childish. Everyone should just stick to playing basketball, thats all were here for after all. What are you gaining from writing these nasty comments...exactly, nothing. So just drop the criticism, stop writing pointless nasty things and stick to the basketball.
Magic.For.Life.

peaceout, number18 - jarrr.

Reply #157260 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

All i can say is we are getting bigger and bigger we are trying to get higher divs but keep being told NO we must prove our selves 16 girls best example for this 2 GF wins and not aloud to go up???

so to "prove" our selves we will have to thump teams in order to prove we can play higher i urge all coaches that have been thumped by a magic team to email BSA and tell them to put us up cos we are tryin

and as for the men we're getting there and hopefully we can push for higher divs there to fingers X'd

i think people need to stop magic bashing cos there are people from other clubs bragging about how well they are doing and we dont hang crap on them

Magic coaches are being educated and learning more to teach more is this being done at your club?????

i'm about to do my level 2 and i coach nothing higher than div 3 but its all to help me help the kids to learn more as basketball

and one thing that gets under my skin is people who have a go at kids who have come to our club ( ADULTS )
i dont care what club a kids from if im able to help them i will cos i wanna see basketball improve in this state

i think with BSA things are on the up for basketball in this state BASA was a bunch of clubs scratchin eachothers backs and it was destroying basketball

thats i i wanna say on this and eagle eye i know who you are i was your coach and i'm disapointed that you would say those things especially making things up to boost your story but i guess im not suprised

also booga i dont run basketball and i dont think i do
you should be careful who you say things to

Reply #157267 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

i have never said u run basketball i say u think u r gods gift to basketball and with the way u carry on on the site it's hard not believe this.

(Magic coaches are being educated and learning more to teach more)
if this is true then why is that the kids that go to your club come back worse then when they left?

(is this being done at your club?????) if u have been around like u say u have u would already know the answer to this, the diffrence is u think it's a new thing while other clubs have this structure already in place.

Reply #157290 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

spadge i was trying to make this magic thread the only one i hadn't sprayed u in and had locked but since u brought me into it u may as well put up with what i have to say.

Reply #157292 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

i dont think im gods gift to basketball i just dont like the way every club wears halos and when something happens at our club you all look down your noses at us like its never been done before and yes i have been around a while so i know nothing is new every club has its dirt but you keep the focus on us so you dont get found out

oh by the way which club are you at now???

Reply #157322 | Report this post

Fonzie  
Years ago

Spadge,

The problem is that people like yourself continually come on here claiming that Magic are more than a social club.

When really they have only recruited players from other district clubs to start. As well as having some previous members use less than appropriate methods to do so.

And having a level 2 coaching accreditation, while noble, is nothing more than a piece of paper.

You are probably the kind of coach that has their kids run up and down sand hills when their is not a scrap of sand to be seen on a basketball court. Whereas running up and down a court making dribble moves is not only more important in developing basketball players skills, but is more important in developing the anerobic process that basketball uses rather than the aerobic system, than the sand running.

And I doubt that you have, nor ever could run those hills yourself!

Reply #157326 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

cos you know my history dont you now i remember why i stoppeed writting on here cos ppl come on here just to hide behind anno hadles and slang crap at any other club thats struggling with teams or a situation.

i dont MAKE my kids run the snake pit ive told them i want them to be there to up thier fitnees and the one who wish to do so show up and i've never said to a kid that if they go play football they cant play in a team which ive heard from at least two clubs

theres a reason kids are leaving the surrounding clubs and coming to us and thats cos we have fun and dont have a "who you know" structre

and if that makes us a "social club" then i'm proud to be a part of that

if your clubs are so wonderful and they are run so great why do we keep getting kids coming from these clubs cos they aren't happy

this will be the last post i write on this site i havent been on here for ages and nothing has changed the same morons writting the same old crap

you can post a reply if you wish but i will not get it cos i will not be using this site anymore and i say to all other magic members to do the same

DO NOT READ THE RUBBISH THAT IS BEING POSTED ABOUT OUR CLUB JEALOUSY IS A CURSE and that is all it is

DO NOT respond to the rubbish comments on this site

it makes me angry that people can abuse kids for going somewhere to play basketball and have FUN!!! cos lets face it isnt that what sport is supposed to be but somewhere along the lines some people have got lost and have a win at all cost attitude which is WRONG!!

ive heard plenty of stories about other clubs i just dont find the need to post it all over the internet the only time i have is in defence of our club

SPORT IS SUPPOSED TO FUN!!!! if your not having fun why do it

good luck to all those who have never bad mouthed our club and for those who have hoppefully karma pays you a visit :)

Reply #157342 | Report this post

PK Mum  
Years ago

Heeey Fonzie, last time I checked with the biologist one did need oxygen to run up and down a basketball court! I'm guessing ur trying to refer to anaerobic and aerobic respiration which has to do with the amount of ATP or energy ur cell (muscles) are able to produce with no oxygen(anaerobic) or oxygen (aerobic). Anaerobic respiration produces nothing better than lots of lactic acid, as opposed to aerobic respiration, which happens with lots of oxygen (believed available whether running up a sand hill or a basketball court, producing lots of ATP, aka energy!!!! Running up a sand hill doesn't help your basketball skills but it does make running up a basketball court a heck of a lot easier especially in comparison to that sandhill!!! its about improving fitness not skill and clearly is not wasted as it doesn't lack in the presence of oxygen!!!!

Reply #157552 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

A lot of basketball teams and football teams run up and down sand hills, like the snake pit at fort largs etc. Port Power, WDBC, etc.

Reply #157559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spadge I was not going to respond to you as you were the one stirring things up last time. All I will say is YOU ARE A TOOL, a pretty blunt one but still a TOOL.

Reply #157564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i play for magic and i just have to say that running in the sand dunes is good for us coz it helps our indurance and fitness which helps us on the court.
also i would just like to say that magic doesnt recruite players, players come to us because their old club is s**t.
one more thing is that magic are more than a social club because we PLAY DISTRICT which means we're not a social club so just get over the fact that we r in this to stay!

Magic rox for life.

Reply #159106 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:02 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754