Bulldog
Years ago

Joe Ingles

After seeing Joe Ingles play against the Pioneers last night I must say I am in no way disappointed that the Sixers did not sign him.

Ingles is probably a fourth string player on the AIS team behind Patrick Mills, Stephen Weigh and Nathan Jawai and his decision making, shot and ball skills were terrible for someone touted as the next great thing from SA.

Despite the AIS winning the game, thanks to a sweet Weigh crossover and pull up jumper to win the game, Ingles looked lost in a game that the AIS appeared to be the stronger, more athletic and smarter team, doesn't say much for a newsworthy recruit for the South Dragons.

While on the AIS, anybody else who has seen them...Doesn't Jawai remind you of a younger Shaq?

Topic #7253 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Give him a break....just coming back from a long time off with a foot injury.
Takes some time to get back into the swing of things.

Reply #81489 | Report this post

Joe's biggest fan  
Years ago

If he wasnt any good why would EVERY NBL club in Australia be after him.
If he wasnt any good or third / forth string why would North Carolina have been chasing him b4 he signed to the Dragons.

He has just come back after a broken foot which has left him side lined for nealry 5 months, after a few games back people start bagging him, COME ON!!!!!!

Reply #81490 | Report this post

Pash  
Years ago

Coming from the perspective of a former pioneer fan watching joe play for the first time I must say i go agree with the statement that he looked lost out there on the court, not any more so that the Mount Gambier Pioneers!
Who are they now and what have they become! A former championship team to a bottoms of the ladder squad of randoms that cant get a team together on the road.

As for Jawai I do agree that he is a younger version of the Shaq attack and would love to see him matched up on him someday in the future? Is this realistic???

The biggest disappointment to evolve from the Pioneer VS AIS clash was the disappearance of Shannon Seebohm, was a shame to not see him on the court and also a huge surprise to not see at the game at all. Does anyone knows where the former Millicent Magic star was????

Reply #81492 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

Shannon injured himself midweek apparently, yes it was a huge shame he couldnt suit up.

Would have been a huge crowd if he made the trip.

Reply #81496 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Ahh Bulldog, what a great post.

The wonderful thing is that you have put your moronic thoughts in writing for all the world to see. The even more wonderful thing will be to watch you eat humble pie when you finally realise what a great talent and player Joe will become.

As has been stated, he has just returned from a long term foot injury and would not be back to full match condition. A player of his limited experience will take a little more time to re-adjust to the pace and space of 5 on 5.

In 15 years you'll be telling your kids/grandkids that you watched "One of Australia's greatest ever players" when he was a junior. That is if the water whereever you are hasn't left you sterile...

Reply #81499 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

How many people does the Icehouse hold?

Reply #81505 | Report this post

Icehouse sweeper  
Years ago

One too many obviously hey Pash!

Reply #81508 | Report this post

Pash  
Years ago

2 rite! do u enjoy watchin the game inbetween sweeping the floor? if i were you ild be looking for a pay rise cos free tickets just doesnt cut it anymore!

Reply #81511 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

geez turn it up blue collar don't get too far ahead of yourself

Reply #81529 | Report this post

luv basketball  
Years ago

he is doing his best / boo to the knockers

Reply #81542 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Blue Collar hope Jo doesnt read the hype youve put on here.If you are a true fan you will let him go about his business of learning and developing as a player. Lots of talent but far too much hype allround for a young player who has done little in the last 18 months to warrant all the attention. I hope you are right with your predictions but at the moment Jo doesnt deserve any more attention than many other talented young Aus ballers. Do some research and youll know who they are.

Reply #81557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not to much else to get excited about at Tigerland for Blue Collar. You can see my he is a bit emotional.

Reply #81565 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

You english speak good anon 81565.

Reply #81570 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Joe's biggest fan :

" why would North Carolina have been chasing him b4 he signed to the Dragons. "

Is that really true ? The tar-heels wanted him ? are you pulling a leg ?

Reply #81675 | Report this post

Years ago

North carolina was chasing joe for numerous months before the dragons got hold of him

Reply #82032 | Report this post

Famous Dad  
Years ago

It amazes me the absolute tripe that people put up here. Look at the facts and do not listen or read crap from under achieveing people who would and have had no oppotunities. This kid has ability. It will only be time, but the fans will see in the long term. If the kid was U/S as stated before, why was he courted by so many.
All the knockers, get out and realise your dreams, He has, You probably could not.
It is the tall poppy syndrome, of all before.

Reply #82572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joe is the next best thing!!!
Melb... here we come...

Reply #83151 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:20 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754