Bo Hamburger
Years ago

BA website

Hmmm...it's thinktank time.

I'm not really a Web person - and would value the contribution of those that are - but for quite sme time I haven't liked the look or feel of the BA website at all.

Supposedly it's the central website for all things basketball in this country and to me it's a bit of a dog's breakfast. I had a quick look at the Canadian equivalent and the feeling I got was that, comparatively, the Australian site tries to be everything for everyone and as a result doesn't do much well.

What do others think? Is a good website even necessary for the health of basketball in this country?

Topic #7277 | Report this topic

Oscar  
Years ago

I agree Bo, too messy and busy.

Keep it simple baby!

Reply #81872 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thoroughly ugly header, crappy tiny text everywhere. The assorted logos and promos look like someone has eaten them for breakfast and then randomly sneezed them all over the screen. No areas of focus at all.

They should identify focus areas - probably Boomers/Opals, Juniors, and general "Learn to play" material. Section these off and colour code each grouping because I think a number of people might be interested in one group but not the others.

The NBL site isn't perfect but the layout is easily superior to this mess.

Reply #81878 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

You're right Bo, it should look more like this Sudan basketball home page

Reply #81881 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Even the Iceland Basketball Association can put together a decent looking site which is still easier to navigate than the Aus one. This is despite it being in a language which I don't understand and which relies an awful lot on the letter F.

It's not hard - why can't BA do something about it? Who were the board members sitting at the table when the Interfuse dudes pitched this at them?

Reply #81882 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

Remember this name: Benedikt Guðmundsson

He's an up and coming ref in Iceland. He's got so much potential the locals call him Hollywood Guðmundsson.

Reply #81883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you serious..... dont you have anything better to do with your time? Oh thats right probably not, you live in Adelaide.

Cant any of you ever be positive?

Reply #81899 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, I'm positive that the BA site is ugly and could be easily improved.

Reply #81909 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Further to that: I'd still be positive it was ugly and could be easily improved were I living in Sydney or Melbourne.

Reply #81921 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:40 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754