what the
Years ago

who's got the results of Div 1 juniors GFs?

looking for any results and the word on the game/s

Topic #730 | Report this topic

who knows  
Years ago

18 div 1 boys double ot. tigers won in the last minute.

russo knocked a huge 3 for west to put em up by 1, then tigers big man puts in two. spudd drove and forced up a shot, missed it, west were forced to foul, game over.

Reply #7545 | Report this post

who knows  
Years ago

18 div 1 boys double ot. tigers won in the last minute.

russo knocked a huge 3 for west to put em up by 1, then tigers big man puts in two. spudd drove and forced up a shot, missed it, west were forced to foul, game over.

Reply #7546 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

sounds legendary sorry i missed it

Reply #7553 | Report this post

Wei-Do-Ping  
Years ago

U 14 Boys Div 1 - Sturt by 36
U 14 Girls Div 1 - North by 20 or so

From what I saw of both games, the top teams were hardly challenged.

Reply #7555 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

u14 - both results consistent with those teams' seasons - well done

Reply #7556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ne1 kno the results of the under 16 div 1 men??

Reply #7567 | Report this post

Boys u10 F/Ville d ?
u12 East d Sturt
u14 Sturt d F/Ville
u16 Norw d F/Ville
u18 Tigers d West in d/o.t.
u20 North d Norw

Girls u10 Sturt d ?
u12 Sturt d F/ville
u14 North d Norw
u16 North d West
u18 F/Ville d North
u21 Sturt d Norw

Reply #7569 | Report this post

basil faulty  
Years ago

f/vill over north in u18 girls - WOAH !

Sturt over Norwood in u21s - reversal of all minor round games.

Norwood over F/ville in u16 boys - OUCH - sorry Paul - knew it would be tight

Thanks whistle blower !

Reply #7570 | Report this post

Joe Ingles  
Years ago

i believe that rory craddock played a fuc*n awesome game and if he didint get fouled out it could of been a different story...not that it would of but could of...nice job rorz...peace out bruzz

Reply #7574 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Could have also been a different story had they played the correct amount of OT, too.

Rory played very well. Congratulations to the Tiger boys though. Bad luck to West, very, very tough loss.

Reply #7575 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

OK, I'll bite.

How long should the extra periods have run for? The BASA by-laws doesn't seem to specify this.

Reply #7581 | Report this post

Phadreus  
Years ago

So Arney,

How many finals did the Eagle win this year. I would think that it has been one of their better years as of recently.

Reply #7583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go the u18 forestvile GIRLS!! they played soooo awesome and just shut down north.

Reply #7588 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

I've resisted the urge to talk up Forestville on this forum, lest it degenerate into a "my club is better than yours" brag-fest.

Having said that, the answer to your question is here.

Reply #7590 | Report this post

Jirachi  
Years ago

The official ruling as in the FIBA rule book is that overtime is 5 minutes. Amazingly there is no mention of how long the overtime period should be in the current junior by-laws. I have a copy from a few years ago which suggests it should be three minutes. Either way it's a pretty bad state of affairs that no one actually knows for sure.

Paul, as has been posted previously I think it is a better refelction on a club's progress to compare results with that of two years ago when the current teams would be line-up in younger age groups. All clubs have good years, good year levels of talent and that can get lost when comparing results one year to the next.

Reply #7596 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

Agreed re comparison to two years ago - I just didn't have that data handy when I wrote the article.

If Forestville's results aren't as good next year as this year, I'll be sure to use the two year comparison then :)

Reply #7599 | Report this post

Jirachi  
Years ago

I don't doubt it, big improvement on the one premiership from 2003. Either way 2004 was a great result for Forestville putting it clearly up with the Sturt, North and Norwoods of junior basketball. The key tome will be seeing if the success can continue (which I don't doubt it will) and making sure this isn't aonce off.

On that note I am sure North are not to happy with their overall result. I only counted 5 premierships. Considering how much North/Sturt have dominated recently the Rockets seem to have started a bit of a slide.

Reply #7601 | Report this post

Jirachi  
Years ago

I know it's only Monday lunchtime but I would have thought we'd have seen some mention of grand final results on either sporting pulse or the BASA site by now?

How else can all those premiership coaches and players gloat :-)

Reply #7602 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Can anyone give me an update of how the Norwood u/20 men went??

Who played well and who didnt??

Reply #7603 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

Crikey! What have BASA been doing for the last 23 hours :)

BASA have just emailed the results to clubs, so I'm sure they'll be on the BASA web site soon. In the meantime (and for a limited time only), you can find them here.

Reply #7604 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Lommax -

They were terrible. Got beat by 30 or so.

One of the most disgusting displays of sportsmanship I've seen in a fair while.

If a team is good enough to be winning a GF by 30+, then they can dunk on you as much as they like. The fact that norwood had to resort to beating up North was appaling.

Well done to North (especially to the kids who just played their last Junior game) for keeping your heads amongst Norwoods thug fest.

Norwood should probably take a look at what they were really on the court to achieve.

Reply #7610 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Thanks Hoop Addict.

How did Webber go???

Reply #7614 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Didn't do a whole lot, from what I saw. I didn't see the entire game, but he didn't play as well as I have seen him play previously.

Reply #7615 | Report this post

Scott Butler  
Years ago

Well done to all Sturt teams on our best end-of-year results in a while. Also congratulations to Forestville (esp Arnie and co) who made the biggest short term improvement in many years.

Overall
Sturt 11/18 (3 all Sturt finals)
Fville 7/13 (1 all Fville final)
North 5/10
Norwood 4/10
South 4/8
Eastern 3/4
Woodville 2/5
Southern 2/5
West 1/6
Centrals 1/2
Torrens Valley 1/1

Div 1's
Sturt 4/6
North 3/4
Forestville 2/5
Norwood 1/4
Southern 1/2
Eastern 1/1
West 0/2

Go City South!

Reply #7616 | Report this post

Jirachi  
Years ago

Go City South indeed.

18 of the 41 premierships from the "City South" clubs is a worrying result for the other clubs. The addition of the Domestic Comp will only make these two clubs stronger and only Southern Tigers (by force of sheer numbers more then anything else) look likely to stay with them.

Just as Sturt did with the first Aussie Hoops program (look at their results in 14's and 12's for proof)the Domestic Comp will give Sturt and Forestville a head start on the rest of the clubs until they join the bandwagon.

C'mon can your club really afford to sit and wait to see what happens...............

Reply #7620 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

It was embarrassing Ben, I didn't have anything to do with the last quarter bullshit, didn't want to, and neither did AW and half the rest of the team.

One shouldn't take pride in it.

Reply #7621 | Report this post

Let us ponder who it was then. Have they been members of another club that wasn't happy with their behavior either.

Reply #7623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In all the grand finals who was the mvp for the games

Reply #7651 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

If you are refering to Scott Lampshire he has been great since coming to Norwood and will really be a player for the future when he realises what he can do.

Reply #7653 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

No, none of the players deliberately set out to do what they did, Scott certainly didn't do anything, so CL I take it you weren't at the game and are just intent on stirring the pot!

Reply #7660 | Report this post

Libertine,

Do you always contradict yourself. You wrote that half the team didn't want anything to do with the bullshit that happened in the last quarter, which I did see, then go on to write none of the players deliberatley set out to do what they did. So which is it. Did they forget that they where not playnig ice hockey, or do you think that they behaved exactly as the club wanted them too.

Reply #7665 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

None of them set out deliberately to do anything - when stuff happened, half the team didn't want anything to do with it :)

If you saw the last quarter you'd know which players were involved. For me it didn't matter anyway, the game was lost well before then, and all that kid of stuff was unneccessary - Hoop Addict was on the ball as usual.

"Did they forget that they where not playnig ice hockey, or do you think that they behaved exactly as the club wanted them too."

What's that supposed to mean?

Reply #7669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I watched the game also and I must say, Norwood did resort to some cheap shots when they were losing; they got numerous tech fouls for their behaviour.

Reply #7675 | Report this post

Evidence  
Years ago

This Norwood team are not that skilled that is why they have to resort to this behaviour, I seen this team many times this season and a few of there players mainly there starting 5 throw alot of cheap shots. I am glad north kicked there ass. They deserved it. North would of had a harder game against a more skilled team in Woodville or Forestville.
I know a few of you will cry about my statement but alot will agree. Do a poll i bet you i win!

Reply #7697 | Report this post

doddobird  
Years ago

evidence put your name to these allegations you soft bastards make comments but are not man enough to back them up. you probably can not play a lick player hater. ps well done to norunga U/18 as much as i hate to say that

Reply #7701 | Report this post

Norwood Player  
Years ago

So the 'lesser skilled' team made the State Champs and Winter Season Finals beating the others along the way?

Oh, and Commandment Lassard if you read anything Kitcho said after people started being idiots the rest of us didn't want any part of it. It was pathetic how people 'took pride' in what happened - if you saw JK and the others after the game with his head down for 15 mins you knew he didn't agree with it/was disappointed with it all.

Reply #7711 | Report this post

Agreed,

It look as though it was only a couple of players behaving poorly. But I ask the question as to why they remained on the court? Is this the kind of behavior that the Club condones? Because if it is and my kids want to move clubs they sure as hell wont be moving to Norwood. And by the way Lommax, I'm not sure that your opinion on correct behavior is valid, considering that if the club you played for previously had videoed thei home games your cheap shot would probably cost you a few weeks.

Reply #7717 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Which one??

Ohh the woodville game. There wasnt much in that mate. You do what you have to do to win a game.

If you were at that game you would have also seen another player who had blood gushing out of his eye. I was always taught to stick up for my teammates. Probably regret what I did but it happened in the heat of the moment. It wasnt behind the play.

If my opinion is not valid why is yours valid CL?? What are your credentials??

Reply #7719 | Report this post

saw  
Years ago

I didn't see the match (unfortunately by the sounds of it). What I don't understand is if the coach was uncomfortable with what was happening in the last quarter why didn't he take some action, which would make a statement that those actions are not condoned by the Norwood Basketball Club???

Reply #7721 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

The problem to me was that not only did Peter Tenant (Norwoods coach) not bench or talk to his players about it, he almost seemed to encourage it.

He also complained about his players getting unsportsmanlikes for plastering Norths boys through the backboard support, too.

Reply #7722 | Report this post

Evidence  
Years ago

Dodobird what do you mean im not man enough to back them up or whateva u are sayin......... i don't see you anouncing your name on here either..... it is my opinion and you don't have to agree with it. All i said was that this team has been known to be a "dirty'" team and they don't have as much talent as a few of the teams being woodville and forestville.......... Woodville have beaten north before and lost to them by 5 last time i think.... Obviously to any 1 who knows anything about bball they owuld have given them a better game becasue north had Bronson to match there dirty play......

It was my opinion and u can have yours to.

Reply #7781 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Err, if you know anything about SA Basketball, you'll recognise the name 'doddobird' in a second.

Also, as my unnamed teammate (who named me!) said, how did the lesser-skilled team make the State Champs and Winter Season grand finals then, specifically beating 'more skilled' Woodville TWICE before reaching the Winter GF, and leading 'more-skilled' Forestville by 27 in the States before their coach rested their starters and they won by 11 after Forestville did some scoring in trash time??

Since when was the team known to be 'dirty'? They're not big enough to push people around - Sunday Arvo was an aberation from reality, something that shouldn't of happened, and the people who did it know who they are and blame themselves.

Reply #7786 | Report this post

Evidence  
Years ago

Ile i said it was my opinion it doesn't really matter becasue they lost anyway.... no1 was goign to beat north.

Reply #7790 | Report this post

incognito  
Years ago

Click here

Evidence, this is for u mate. I was trying to be subtle but Mr Isaac Forman moved the thread. So subtlety (??!?spealling!??) has gone out the door!

Reply #7803 | Report this post

post d  
Years ago

I watched th 20 mens final and didnt think there was too much rough play from Norwood. Compared to some of the things this team has been known for in the past. It certainly didnt bother the north players.
The Norwood boys looked intimidated by Norths defense and consistantly settled for the soft option of jacking 3 pointers instead of taking it to the rack. If anyone took stats id say norwood shot 35 to 40 3 pt attempts and only made a few of them in the last quarter when they were 30 down.
Meanwhile north swept the boards got out in the lanes and started dunking on heads.
Webber had an okay game( lots of missed 3's)but some of the North Kids have serious game. Burdon Mapunda Kies are exciting to watch, with some quality role players its no surprise North won by so much.
A huge contrast in the 2 teams and the way they play.

Reply #7853 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Post D,

I think you will find it did bother the North boys after about the 3rd time Norwood smacked them, you could see Leroy having words with them.

But no, it wasn't surprising to see North win by so much. They deserve it and it caps off a great junior career for Erik, Bronson, Leroy & the likes.

Reply #7854 | Report this post

chairman  
Years ago

hi joe well done for your win but rory kicked ass too....
i went shopping today and i bought a skirt and a shirt and a belt! When is your party? Soph and i are gonna come cos we rock.
Luv Charmaine xoxo

Reply #7861 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

hello? are u lost.. yeah joe can we all come to your party?? :S

Reply #7868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha u wish bro...

Reply #7872 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

bro?? no bro here

Reply #7882 | Report this post

Joe Ingles  
Years ago

schoolies who r u? then i might let yua come to my party!

Reply #7913 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

im pretty sure u know who i am..

Reply #7916 | Report this post

chairman  
Years ago

hey no im not lost... im charmaine :)who's schoolies? I have friends who play basketball and i watch them! They dunk it at school and i do to cos we are so cool jay rocks!
luv Charmaine xoxo

Reply #7961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahah - youve got competition now...

Reply #7971 | Report this post

Joe Ingles  
Years ago

schoolies...i might kno u but ur gonna have to give me some hints?

Reply #7972 | Report this post

Steve-O  
Years ago

Must be that mullet

Reply #7973 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

who's got the mullet?? surely not me.. haha theres ONE hint for ya..

Reply #7975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's the hints 4?

Reply #7976 | Report this post

passerby  
Years ago

lol schoolies - definately doesnt hav a mullet!!

Reply #7978 | Report this post

passerby  
Years ago

I believe the hints are for joe..

Reply #7979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

schoolies name = t

Reply #7982 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

u'd be correct!

Reply #8005 | Report this post

Joe Ingles  
Years ago

still dont kno....jus say ya name mate....alot easier..plz

Reply #8023 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

a

Reply #8027 | Report this post

you  
Years ago

r

Reply #8030 | Report this post

him  
Years ago

sorry, the last letter was meant to be a t! T not an R!

Reply #8033 | Report this post

her  
Years ago

tat

Reply #8034 | Report this post

we  
Years ago

i

Reply #8035 | Report this post

Joe Ingles  
Years ago

just tell me ya bloody name....plzzzzzz! i suck @ these games...

Reply #8044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tar_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Reply #8046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tara?

Reply #8052 | Report this post

Joe Ingles  
Years ago

im sick of these game...haha!
plzzz jus say ur 1st and 2nd name.....PLZZ

Reply #8061 | Report this post

Years ago

are u blind.. as if u havent figured it out yet jo

Reply #8065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahah yeah now even i got it

Reply #8066 | Report this post

Joe Ingles  
Years ago

i must b stupider then i thought can some1 jus write a name!? plz

Reply #8078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i believe schoolies played u18 STATE mETRo this year!

Reply #8080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol does everyone know apart from Joe?!

Tara Robinson!

Reply #8082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think its sad tara asked to go to a party without getting invited

Reply #8086 | Report this post

tiger man  
Years ago

rumour has it rory craddock and matt fisher are both headin down south to the tigers. any truth to this rumour?

Reply #8087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

um actually i was talkin to tara when she wrote it.. and it was a joke..

Reply #8088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ahhh get over it...

Reply #8104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i dunno bout rory and matt goin to southern - but itd be an AWESOME team!!

Reply #8105 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

haha ya think im sad for asking lol. Well as i said can we ALL come? so yeah i was joking..
Thought Charmaine made a stupid comment and so i made a joke from it..
By the way i am Tara.. (just to clear things up)

Reply #8110 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

someone jealous are we tara

Reply #9581 | Report this post

passerby  
Years ago

lol anonymous your a bit late on this topic arent you?

Reply #9610 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

haha, why would i be jealous.. who would i be jealous of??

ps.. anonymous people annoy me. too many of yas

Reply #9611 | Report this post

passerby  
Years ago

i think anonymous is assuming that you are jealous of charmaine or who ever that chick is.

Reply #9614 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

mmm agreed.. mega random chic talking about what she bought when shopping.. no game sence

Reply #9615 | Report this post

passerby  
Years ago

lol this is true.. sounds like charmaine is a little bit dessspeerraatee!

Reply #9616 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

hehe..aww good times..

ps passerby who are you?.. mmm is there ne way you can reveal urself without it being on here??

Reply #9621 | Report this post

passerby  
Years ago

no im afraid there is no way 4 me to do that

Reply #9622 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

spewin.. noone seems to know!
You have dropped clues but they are not leading anywhere.. grrr
youve covered your tracks well

Reply #9625 | Report this post

passerby  
Years ago

but u do know me schoolies ;)

Reply #9626 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

and thats the thing thats annoying...argh

Reply #9627 | Report this post

passerby  
Years ago

thankyou schoolies....

Reply #9628 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

No probs :S
ps ne more clues u can drop... unley? fville?

Reply #9631 | Report this post

passerby  
Years ago

ive played against you in one way or another schoolies. lol by the way, nice website

Reply #9632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dont spam this forum talk that crap on msn

Reply #9635 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

ps msn aint werking atm...

Reply #9637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

msn isnt working at the moment.. but i agree with annonymous.. dont spam!

Reply #9638 | Report this post

passerby  
Years ago

i go to a school that starts with a C schoolies

Reply #9653 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

yes and...

Reply #9676 | Report this post

Rookie  
Years ago

I think schoolies my dear that passerby is a boy that plays for forestville that goes to Cabra. HMMMM. I only think that passerby is a guy by the way he talks on the site.

Reply #9755 | Report this post

Years ago

yeah we've figured that hez been to the site .. thanks rookie :)

Reply #9822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Rookie, you wouldn't be thinking that Passerby's name starts with a C are you?

Reply #9846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahahah i think so!

Reply #9868 | Report this post

Rookie  
Years ago

Excuse me #6 i meant i think he is a by as according to the manner he speaks on this site

Reply #9977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you mean it is Cameron Myles?

Reply #10000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WHO the hell is this random guy. Who is cameron myles and who cares?

Reply #10056 | Report this post

Rookie  
Years ago

Anonymous, if u dont care why read and why post ;)
obviously u do otherwise u wouldnt have done anything.

Reply #10080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You didn't answer my question Rookie, is that whop you are talking about?

Reply #10100 | Report this post

Years ago

sorry rookie.. didnt mean to sound rude.. just lettin ya know, we figured that bit out, thanks n e ways ... :)

Reply #10145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cameron is cool.. leave him alone!

Reply #10146 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

he wishes he was cool ;)

Reply #10177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Cameron here, i don't know who you are anymore schoolies!

Reply #10207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why not?

Reply #10220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bcoz she hurt my feelings!

Reply #10241 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

hahaha awww poor baby

Reply #10244 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:34 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754