Isaac
Years ago

Maher may suit for Sturt this weekend

Brett Maher has been cleared to play for Sturt in their game this weekend against the Lions at Pasadena.

Previously there had been issues concerning insurance that prevented him from playing for the team.

So, if you're a Sixers fan having withdrawals over your lack of NBL action recently, Maher gives you another option at 8:15 on Saturday night. Oscar Forman (now with the Breakers) should be playing, along with one-time Sixer Darren Ng in scorching form, oft-spoken-of Austin Smylie and Todd Gower.

I'm not sure if they'll be suiting, but the Lions squad features Jye Watson (invited to last year's Pt Lincoln Sixers trials), Paul Vandenbergh (once played NBL in Canberra unless I'm mistaken) and past-Sixers development player Justin Wilkey.

Nick Hambour is up against the Forestville Eagles on Saturday night at Wayville, while David Cooper plays on Sunday against Brad Hill's Eastern Mavericks too, along with a development player from last year, Ben Madgen.

Topic #7309 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No isaac you are not mistaken, he did play for canberra.

Reply #82270 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

http://www.vibe.com.au/vibe/corporate/celebrity_vibe/showceleb.asp?id=93

Reply #82281 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Good write up Isaac, you got me salivating at the prospect...

Reply #82287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Isaac, is Oscar in doubt? You say he should be playing, is he still suffering from that ankle?

Reply #82288 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Don't think he's in doubt, I just say "should" and "Maher may suit" in case everyone shows up and they've had a last minute change in plans.

More important than any of these things is that Nino is back in town.

Reply #82302 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

How much is Nino charging to recall his various exploits in picking up woman and falling downstairs?

Reply #82307 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Nino is still recovering from the prank on Tuesday! "My shoe went that way, and I went that way." If the forum wants to hear the story, I might have to make it public.

Reply #82308 | Report this post

Old-Bull  
Years ago

Make it public Isaac.

Reply #82310 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I only need one person encouraging me to tell this, so OK.

Nino is a friend of Oscar's and mine. A big Sixers and basketball fan. You will always see him out with Oscar at Glenelg or at ABA games or whatever.

Last time he was in the US, he came back early for the Sixers opening game of 05/06 and surprised Oscar. So this time when he was coming back from a trip to the US/Japan, we decided we'd get him back.

For two weeks before he got back, we concocted a bit of a story about me getting a contract job with an existing client in Melbourne, and Oscar taking up a position starting a gym in Geelong. So, Nino would come home with everyone out of town. He believed it all, poor kid.

He arrived back on Tuesday night and I got my girlfriend and her sister to visit his house under the pretense of dropping off some job-related paperwork he might be interested in. He's in the market for a career, so he was an eager chap and followed them to our car out on the street to get said papers.

Oscar and I were hiding behind his car nearby in the dark and jumped out yelling at him.

He bolted and ran for his life, screaming. One shoe flew off in one direction and the other landed metres away. He's a little fellow, so when under threat and uncertain, he just flees the scene as quick as possible.

Should've got it on video.

Reply #82318 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Gold, absolute gold.

Reply #82326 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Last time I returned from a lenthly overseas stint I told everyone I was coming back about a week later than I actually did which gave me a window of seven days for such pranks. After a few failed attempts I eventually nailed the boot prank whereby I hide in the boot of a car and with an accomplice get another friend to 'just grab the footy from the boot' or something, then as soon as the light cracks in "BAM - I"M HOME".

It didn't quite have the desired effect last time round but I've got plenty of time to refine the plan.

Not sure how you'd go fitting 2 grown men in a boot though (including a giant), it's also a little bit wierd.

Reply #82332 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Unfortunately thats exactly how it went.

Reply #82354 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:42 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754