the game ends you..

andrew bogut is the nba's most wanted rookie ad Lauren jackson is wnba most wanted player ....yeah but the game is not what it can be in Australia ....not even close. Almost every outdoor court i Australia is empty. while players sit at home hoping there were more players out there like them----wishing there were courtz out there like PUCKER PARK (HARLEM NYC) wishing there was at least one court were they are guaranteed a good run-to find a player better than them.....
the main reason why all these half courts ad old school courts around australia are empty most the time is because the facilities are simply crap. unsafe , too old or not as enjoyable as a court should be ..

Topic #7322 | Report this topic

Sixers33  
Years ago

that's what we are all thinking. But what can WE do about it?

Reply #82406 | Report this post

malc  
Years ago

If we see a kid playing a ball to school, we smile knowing that's our game. The feeling we get driving past an empty court. Dreaming of better days for ball in Australia.We all love to see people love the game. show how people truly love this game..

Reply #82409 | Report this post

malc  
Years ago

If we see a kid playing a ball to school, we smile knowing that's our game. The feeling we get driving past an empty court. Dreaming of better days for ball in Australia.

We all love to see people love the game.

Reply #82410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rucker Park not pucker

Reply #82413 | Report this post

head in the sand  
Years ago

some of these parks in the USA do so well is blocks and blocks of high rise

we just do not have this here

we live near a park and african kids are always out there free stylin

come down to my park and well kick your ass by 20 points
! (LOL)

one park you do not wanna play at is in compton LA

Reply #82438 | Report this post

matt  
Years ago

how about in sa

Reply #82458 | Report this post

some body  
Years ago

There are only two street courts i see some action on and thats the half court next to the skate park in town and a street court on churchill road, but either school courts are so shit you wouldn't want to wear your street shoes on it or there are good courts but there all locked up?.

Compared to the usa bball just isnt as big here the input from the community in general to basketball compared to aussie rules, the gap is just massive, in sa b ball has a low profile only those that are in it have any idea wats going on.

6ixers games are only on fox compared to afl which is just on 24/7 on the weekends. the publicity that sport recieves compared to b ball is just ridiculous i mention to freind when they ask what you did on the weekend im like " watched the 6ixers play " they all look at me like WTF who are they local footy team if b ball aint careful it will end up like soccer was before all this world cup woo ha.

Reply #82524 | Report this post

tom  
Years ago

skate park in town should build a full court with metal net..that will be sick.

Reply #82578 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:54 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754