boost
Years ago

South v Woodville

Obviously a great game by Scanlon, why wasnt anyone able to contain him..One wouldve thought after he torched them last time they wouldve taken a bit more notice..

WHat happened for Fuller and KB to both get ejected.. At what point was this?

Topic #7345 | Report this topic

John Lawrence  
Years ago

Scanlon was in such a zone, putting shots in traffic, out of traffic, 3's, 2's, lay-ups, you name it... the only shots he couldn't make on the night would have been from behind half-court or dunks... but then again... he didn't try them. It was one of those performances you couldn't stop even if you tried to for a month.

Reply #82563 | Report this post

boost  
Years ago

what about the ejections?

Reply #82567 | Report this post

John Lawrence  
Years ago

as far as I'm concerned, KB deserved his ejection... but didn't get a good look at what happened regarding Fuller, so won't comment.

Reply #82575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hi John -

how is your website coming along?

Reply #82594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when you log on to John's website it plays his recorded version of the national anthem

Reply #82611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice support of a coach from someone who is supposed to represent the club.

And funny how John Lawrence knows what KB said to John Clover to get tossed, when the incident happened down the other end of the bench, and couldnt hear over the hoise anyway.

Is that the Comets calling?

Reply #82627 | Report this post

John Lawrence  
Years ago

did I say i heard what KB said??? NO! get your facts straight before embarrassing yourself. score 1 - 0 to me. The entire posting is as reads:

"What i said re: South v Woodville (#82575)
as far as I'm concerned, KB deserved his ejection... but didn't get a good look at what happened regarding Fuller, so won't comment.

John Lawrence, 22/05/06"

KB deserved his ejection because of the manner in which he treated John Clover. At no time, did I mention in any terms that I heard a single word of what was actually said by KB.

Isaac, give Anonymous a couple of balls... cause he stuffed himself up. Anonymous, give up... you just lost that one big time!

Reply #82634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so none of his manner involved what he said? just his manner means ejection, is that right??

Reply #82635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mark fuller getting ejected was not the best desision that i have ever seen made by an official, a double ejection would of been the better choice, KB on the other hand needed to keep his cool Ps. Scanlon played great!

Reply #82642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw the game on saturday night and I thought Mark Fuller played a great game especially as Mark was tageted by certain woodville players from the onset. They may have been better off playing the game of Basketball instead of trying to ruff up Mark it was only a matter of time before anyone would have lost their cool. Hats of to Mark for lasting as long as he did. Great game Mark maybe KB will be wishing he hadnt let you go I think South got the better end of the stick. Good luck to Mark for the rest of the season.

Reply #82643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw the game on saturday night and I thought Mark Fuller played a great game especially as Mark was tageted by certain woodville players from the onset. They may have been better off playing the game of Basketball instead of trying to ruff up Mark it was only a matter of time before anyone would have lost their cool. Hats of to Mark for lasting as long as he did. Great game Mark maybe KB will be wishing he hadnt let you go I think South got the better end of the stick. Good luck to Mark for the rest of the season.

Reply #82644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

John, your a tosser.

I was watching that game closer than what you would ever know.

KB only approached John Clover after the SECOND tech, as he was trying to seek clarification as to what the first one was for.

I WAS within earshot, you absolute knob. The sooner you p*ss off and stop embarrasing clubs with your behaviours the better.

I heard a rumour you were even trying to tell the stats people that you were lodging an official complaint because South hadnt provided a team list, and then tried to tell the scorers they had added Scanlons scores up wrong, and he only had 50 points?

Perhaps you should trying to do a statisticans training course, or a scorers course, instead of trying to tell people who have worked at international level competitions how to do their jobs.

Reply #82651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This John bloke sounds like a bit of a tool. Who is he? Is he the ugly bloke that sits on the Woodville bench?

Well done John Lawrence...I give you the Tool of the Week award!

Reply #82698 | Report this post

D Brent  
Years ago

i dont think it matters too much what kb said to the ref, i think the fact that he walked onto the middle of the court while the game was still in progress is what got him the third technical foul which was after he had already been tossed out of the game. he should know better than that, whilst im sure he was frustrated he could've been smarter in the situation. he's not the first coach to be dealt with harshly by a ref and wont be the last, deal with it.

Reply #82724 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:44 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754