Anonymous
Years ago

Basketball coverage

Not sure if this has already been suggested , so i will throw it out there anyway .
How about using Hoops SA and other basketball forums to gather enough names to show networks the number of fans crying out for some sort of FTA coverage . Also involved could be a survey to understand what is wanted by the viewers . It would generate more debate and be quite an achievement if a result was to come from the effort.

Topic #7353 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Been tried and I can't see it really working. We've had petitions mentioned on forums like this one and OzHoops before.

Until a network spies an opportunity themselves or the clubs are freed to pursue their own deals, I don't know that it will happen. The NBL appears to be too hung up on the success of Sydney where advertising is prohibitively expensive to allow the other clubs to give it a fair shot, IMO.

If there were no restrictions, the Sixers, for example, could go to Channel 10 with a few sponsors and buy a half hour slot on the weekend or in the late evening to show highlights of games.

What communities like Hoops SA can do is just keep people talking, playing, getting along to games, etc.

Reply #82710 | Report this post

joe  
Years ago

Please sign this no fake details thanks

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/NBATvAustralia

Reply #82902 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:19 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754