Isaac
Years ago

Adelaide Crows no longer interested in Sixers

It was reported on ABC Radio news at 7AM that the Crows will not be pursuing the matter any further. Gee, that took a day to decide. Bit of media publicity, but you wonder how positive that publicity must be for the sale when an organisation who would have a lot to gain from a purchase takes such a short time to rule it out!

Topic #7369 | Report this topic

Sixers33  
Years ago

DAMN!!!!

Reply #82874 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They confirmed that the club's board did look at buying the Sixers and the Dome, but the Crows general manager of commercial operations, Phil Harper has said that the club won't be pursuing the matter any further.

He said: "We can't see the value in it for Adelaide Football Club getting behind it".

Personally, I can see some value, but the Dome and its maintenance issues don't make this a casual purchase at all and it wouldn't surprise me if that is what has put them off.

Reply #82878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that was a shame. at least it did not drag on and get peoples hopes up too high

Reply #82889 | Report this post

Rex Hunt  
Years ago

I think it was just a knee jerk reaction to the fact that Richmond were apparently playing basketball on the weekend. The Crows thought they might be able to learn a bit more about that style of game by owning the 36ers. Common sense eventually prevailed.

Reply #82891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone notice on news report how smyth was th eonly one interviewed?

Sounds like he is trying to influence the sales process to me...

Reply #82897 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Who else would they interview? He's the public face most relevant right now you'd think.

Reply #82899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah but an absolute liar. how can he come out and say what he did so convictingly and then have the crows come out today and say they arent interested, makes him and channel 7 look like fools

Reply #82901 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

Steven Trigg was on the Mix 102.3 this morning stating the Crows will sit down and look at the pro's and con's of purchasing the 36ers over the next week or so.

Don't think it's quite dead yet.

Reply #82904 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Page 2 of The Advertiser mentions it and from memory it had quotes from Crows officials.

Reply #82916 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

SAFM this afternoon said that Crows were still looking at the information etc.

Reply #82978 | Report this post

"Bookie Bob"  
Years ago

Anyone who wants to get set on the Crows buying, can with me.

They will not buy any part of it, even with the warchest they will receive as a result of the new TV deal.

But a great smokescreen!!

My market is:-

no buyer even money
Higgins group 2/1
Bell group 3/1
other party 5/1

Reply #82984 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:57 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754