Isaac
Years ago

Schenscher and Phillips feature in today's paper

Luke Schenscher has scored a couple of Thursday articles in The Advertiser courtesy of Zac Milbank.

Schenscher will return to the US next week, where he hopes to secure another contract with the Bulls and resume his battle with Miami Heat star Shaquille O'Neal.

"I always said as long as he didn't dunk on me, I did a good job against him and he never did," Schenscher said of his confrontation against 147kg O'Neal in the playoffs. "It was a great experience to play against probably the best centre to play in the NBA."
There's also a piece on Erin Phillips' game against Minnesota in the WNBA:

Topic #7382 | Report this topic

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I love how in one Zac Milbank article he's 216cm, and in the other, he's 213cm. Maybe one is with hair, one without!

But seriously, at least Boy Goorj seems reasonable enough to accept that at this stage of his career, Luke really has to stay in the US. Hopefully by 2008 he may be more established in the NBA, possibly even with a longer-term contract & he'll be able to commit to the team for Beijing.

Reply #83043 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A different approach to Jan Stirling with Erin Phillips, eh?

Reply #83044 | Report this post

oracle  
Years ago

erin has already exceeded expectations - and she has not settled

the coach knew she would be worth it - sacrificing draft picks on known players and waiving a favourite in the expancion draft

when a very experienced NBA / WNBA / NCAA - coach keeps on coming 1/2 way around the world to recuit you - well.........

the surprise is laura - she has really tuned in over there - and the girls are really liked

jan admitted the other day in the media that if the wnba girls were doing well they would still be very much considered for the opals

delicate business politics of basketball

the girls need their careers and jan needs her preparation

I think they should get both - with a bit of give and take from both sides

i have a bit of a gold medal feeling about the worlds - just a bit of a feeling - but ooooh it is tantalising !

Reply #83135 | Report this post

oracle  
Years ago

"In only her second game for Connecticut, Phillips, 21, outshone the much-hyped WNBA debut of No.1 draft pick Seimone Augustus of Minnesota.

Augustus finished with 21 points but couldn't stop Phillips earning a match-turning 13 points, four rebounds, two assists and a steal from just 19 minutes.
" - unquote

Reply #83138 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:17 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754