Bo Hamburger
Years ago

Newley tipped by SI for FIRST round

Sports Illustrated's put up its mock draft and has Brad Newley going late in the first round to the Suns (click through to second page):

Newley is a scorer with good size for the small-forward position. A fine athlete, Newley would thrive in the perpetual motion machine that is the Suns' offense.

It seems Newley's stock certainly isn't getting any lower.

Unfortunately for Brad, he does not figure prominently in the best names of the draft, not against the likes of:

- Tiago Splitter
- Quincy Douby
- Rajon Rondo
- Thabo Sefolosha
- Cheick Samb
- and my favourite, Pops Mensah-Bonsu

Topic #7383 | Report this topic

Sam  
Years ago

all other mock drafts, (espn, nbadraft.net, insidehoops etc) have him as going late 2nd round to not bing drafted.

Reply #83046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ummm, he does NOT have good size for the small forward position - not in the NBA anyway...

Reply #83048 | Report this post

Noti Bagy  
Years ago

Rajon Rondo the sequel to Rage on Placid Lake?

Reply #83049 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Interesting that they put Steve Novak at No 45 .
The guy is 6'10 can rebound and WON the 3 -point shoot out this year with an almost perfect round (missed one shot in the final i think..)
I'd expect that with all the hype surrounding Dirk -the 7-foot shooting assassin, Novaks type of player would be more relevant than No 45 .

They are crazy if they think that P.J Tucker from Texas wont go in the 1st round - that guy is so versatile its a joke not to put him above Newley.
No mention of Daniel Gibson in the draft at all, i'd put him on par with Newley too.

Reply #83052 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Sorry for the double post, but i noticed that Arthur Newley was Brads "agent" .
What does Arthur do for a living ? Is he qulaified in any way to represent Brad ?
Pretty big risk not having a 'proper' agent i think .

Reply #83055 | Report this post

Tickle  
Years ago

Pretty sure Brad has signed, or is in the process of signing with Leon Rose, who is a big time agent (think he has LeBron on his stable). Arthur may have put up his name as a token representation at the moment, but I'm only speculating here.

Reply #83056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

skyhook - Newl's old man was a gun State League player for years. I'm sure he knows his way around the basketball jungle.

Reply #83059 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Bo Anon..

"skyhook - Newl's old man was a gun State League player for years. I'm sure he knows his way around the basketball jungle "

Right, so i am to assume that he knows the NBA draft/player system well then, based on your above comment ;~

I think Leon Rose is a good idea.

Perhaps someone would like to suggest "bo" James Pennington !!

Whats with the "bo" thing too ? Mods having a bit of fun ?

Reply #83061 | Report this post

Bo the clown  
Years ago

Bo Skyhook - he'd know more than the average old man!

Although i don't profess him to be an expert, he'd have a greater knowledge of the system, and contacts that regular old man's wouldn't.

Reply #83064 | Report this post

Bo Bo Bo Bo  
Years ago

Arthur was indeed a gun and now a gun dad. Would have won a Woollacott had he not been conscripted to Vietnam before finished the season.

I would predict putting Arthur as agent was a stop gap until offical agent appointed. Better than listed as no agent.

Reply #83072 | Report this post

hurley509  
Years ago

who knows if he will get drafted or not? i wanna hear how his try outs have been.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/NBATvAustralia

(p.s that will b my signature till we fill the damn thing)

Reply #83077 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Lebron is represented by the Four Horsemen.... but I'm led to believe that Rose does a lot of work with Lebron.

A lot worse agents out there then Rose. Rose flys out to Australia about 3 times a year to scout potential players with NBA or European skills. I think he was Anstey's agent when he was drafted.

Reply #83083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure Leon Rose is someone's old man too..

Reply #83116 | Report this post

Years ago

Surely Brad Newley, a 6'6" SF/SG, wouldn't be considered anything unique in NBA terms? Aren't they probably the most common thing around? Not bagging the guy, but I think he'll be late 2nd round to undrafted myself

Reply #83121 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:50 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754