LETS SEE
Years ago

RUMOUR! DOME TO BECOME NEW IKEA MEGA STORE!!

Apparently Ikea is looking at the land to build either a mega store or a huge warehousing facility as part of the global domination scheme, one day there will be a ikea for every 1 in 5 persons.

But hey maybe they well sell some descent basketball equipment and SHOES! but inturn we will have no where to play lol

Topic #7396 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

Maybe they'll retain the basketball stadium ad sponser the league
"IKEA MEGA DOME " sounds good i rekon hehe.

be able to do your shopping and watch the 6ixers play , good way to bugger off the missus and watch the game without explaining everything.

Reply #83185 | Report this post

Joey  
Years ago

Hey would eb good the Ikea would hav a bottle shop go up grab a slap and a pizza all set for a good night of ball.

im sure secuirty will let you in for a free beer i noe would lol.

Reply #83186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Considering the dome is even half the size of the actuall IKEA here. I dont think so. Certainly wouldnt be Mega!

Reply #83187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually - the rumour is incorrect. Ikea is planning to put the 6ers games in its spare storeroom on Sr Dolald Bradman Drive - its apparently twice as big as the Dome. Oh, and the scoreboards function properly there too

Reply #83190 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

^ (and the accoustics are better)

ShaneD

Reply #83209 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

yeh..but does it have toilet paper??

Reply #83210 | Report this post

g-diddy  
Years ago

maybe phil will put his game plan together with an allen key...

they could have a promo at half time whoever can build their own seat courtside can sit there all season

Reply #83223 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

G-diddy is at least on the right train, but I'm not sure Phil has an allen key..... or any key for that matter.

IKEA is all about selling things that you have to put together yourself.

Well that's us in Adelaide.

We are trying to sell everything the sixers, the lightning and even the dome.

And the way Phil's recruiting (or not) its going to be up to us members to build our own team, cause he's got NFI.

Reply #83252 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Well Anon unless your Brian Goorjian, you dont have more NBL championships than Phil, so I guess that means you have even less of a clue.

Glass houses....stones....throwing silly.

Reply #83282 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

And the Dome looks a bit like something you'd get from IKEA too.

Reply #83472 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Now come on Anon #83252 - how dare you have an opinion that differs from Yogee's!

Reply #83477 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:56 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754