Anonymous
Years ago

Mavs Men Slaughter Eagles!!!

In short Mavs men won 100+ to 60 odd.

Mavs were fast, very fast, hard, slick , calculating, unrelenting, pumped-up, enthusiastic and sharp shooting. They seemed to miss very few shots even from 3pt range. They played to not only win, but to preen the eagles for dinner. The wings weren't clipped, they were ripped asunder!!

Eagles seemed to be suffering jet lag, or their water was doped and could not hit the side of the barn all night. Would have been the worst shooting by the eagles all this year.

Mavs also won the blood contest, sending 2 eagles off for head wounds bleeding. Next weeks Mavs opponent had better watch out, fortunes are rapidly on the rise.

Interesting to see Phil Smyth, Steve Breheny and Scott Ninnis at the game!!! Almost had a bloody heart attack with Phil there, thought he got lost going to his lounge room chair!! The Mavs guys sure got the impressions tonight!!

Topic #7414 | Report this topic

52-Cans  
Years ago

Hard to believe... I wanna see the boxscore!

Reply #83376 | Report this post

I never knew drawing blood was a competition. maybe the league needs to review how exactly two forestville players came to draw blood, and maybe some reports should be made

Reply #83379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you serious Mr. Gorilla?

Reply #83380 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

Yes!! Fantastic game, Mavs playing as they did in 2004.
And just for the record Dix head injury was caused by one of his own team mates.

Reply #83391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about the womens score

Reply #83393 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

So if the Mavs won the blood contest and the injuries were caused by an eagles team mate how does that work??????

Reply #83396 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

If my memory serves correct the Eagles women won by approx 10 points after being up by over 20 odd in the third quarter

Reply #83397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Mavs men shot the ball really well, Ben Madgen going 8/10 (5/7 3pts i think) in the first half for 24 points. A couple of nice dunks in the 3rd and 4th, Hill, Holmes and Bungey getting up.

There was some blood, Jason Dix copping an errand Hoban elbow which split his head. Injury aside, it was kind of amusing watching Dix chase the refs, whinging about there not being a foul called, unaware it was his own player. The other was Doug Mac-T playing some late D on Holmes going to the basket. didn't see the contact, but it was Dougie who got the foul, so no malice in either incident.

The game itself would have been dissappointing for the Eagles as Sully/Cambell/Sutton (in the 1st half at least) weren't shooting well. Dix almost singlehandely kept them in the game. Arnold's hustle in D was great, but i thought he deserved more minutes.

Sutton picked up his game in the 3rd and 4th, but it may have been too late as Phil and Steve left before the end of the game.

Reply #83408 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

DAMN!!!!!

Reply #83451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wouldnt mind seeing the stats hope the Mavs will submit them soon.

Reply #83478 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I have the boxscores (Eastern submitted them on the night), but not in the right format unfortunately.

Reply #83479 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

According to the paper today, Holmes had a triple double with 15 points, 15 rebounds and 15 assists - pretty impressive!

Reply #83482 | Report this post

Mavs Supporter  
Years ago

For those interested Jacob 15 15 and 15 Brad Hill 20 7 and 11 ass Bungy 17 and 17 Ben Madgen 26 pts, I think he had 24 at half.Dix had 20 at half to keep his team in it if 20 down is in it. Result not a huge surprise margin was.

Reply #83496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting game...31-30 at quarter time. the mavs continued with their scoring rate...the eagles didn't. 62-43 at the half. the eagles were 57 at 3 quarter time. thats only 27 points combined for the middle two quarters for the eagles..very uncharacteristic for them. Mixture of good D from the Mavs, and just some terrible shooting from the eagles. Never seen this team miss so many open looks. Sutton, Sully, Mac-t, Wood, Dix all missing open 3 point shot attemps. They did also take some tough shots under very good pressure D from the Mavs.
Never seen a team hit so many 3's in transition...the eagles failed to find their men in defensive transition. Actually, the eagles failed to play much of any sort of D all night. The Mavs got pretty much any shot they wanted.

Impreesive display by the Mavs....if they keep this team together til the end, would have to think they will be there in the last game of the year!

Reply #83514 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

thankyou mavericks for screwing up my tips this week.

Reply #83567 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:38 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754