hihorse
Years ago

How did Steve Williams go in his first game?

so mavs belted eagles, ah well..
so does anyone know how steve williams went, im still waiting for the box scores to come up..

im sure all the boys were out to impress knowing that phil and scooter ninnis were there for south dragons and sixers. i here bungey had a pretty decent game of 17 and 14, maybe someone took a bit of notice well hopefully anyway, but i think stevo may have been the mai reason for those coaches being out at the game...

Topic #7415 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

he came off the bench, had limited minutes (i think, haven't seen a boxscore). Looked dangerous off the dribble, but didn't light up the score board.

He controlled the tempo well, and directed traffic.

What will be interesting is how Richard run his teams rotation's now with Jason Kelly not hitting the floor at all last night.

Reply #83405 | Report this post

achtung baby  
Years ago

jason kelly is no more than a bench player in reserves really anyway. anyone who has seen him play would know that. steve williams is ten times the player of kelly, and will be surely taking the bulk of minutes from the six man spot.

hopefully the coaches, ninnis and smyth etc. took note of the way bungey played last night, as he has been performing extremely well of late with consistent perfomances. another double double.

mavs are looking like the obvious threat to the championship if they can keep this team together and not have it ravaged by nbl commitments.

Reply #83406 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

(#83406)
Not true Jason is a better player than you think. He has never got the chance to play the minutes to show what he can really do.

I know that he is finding it tough at the moment for a whole lot of different reasons.

Anyway as you are Bundgey friend you will be pleased that Dragons are interested in him. I had a chat to Adrian Newell a few weeks ago and he never new who Brad was. Guess they have scouted him last night.

Reply #83410 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

TK
I think Scott Ninnis may have known who Bungy was, coached against him for a number of years and looked after him with the academy so perhaps try big noting somewhere else, Dragons along with most astute Bball people are well aware of Bungey and the potential he has.

Reply #83418 | Report this post

Rueben  
Years ago

TK and anon - as i was saying to the Queen last week, i can't stand people who name drop for the sake of name dropping!

Reply #83419 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

Anon and Ruben,
Very true I will refrain from name droping, it was meant to highlight how in the beginning Dragons new nothing of him and I realise that Ninnis and Holme would have discussed Bungey. I had an attack of the irrates with comments.

Ruben by the way how are the Queens corgys going.

Reply #83433 | Report this post

Rueben  
Years ago

Funny you should ask, i just got off the phone with Bono (between him and George Bush i don't get much free time), and he asked the same question! The corgy's are doing well, in fact Posh and Becks mentioned they doggy sat for the queen last week, and they were most well behaved. If only Elton had the same sentiment!

Reply #83437 | Report this post

hicky  
Years ago

lets stop all this talk on jason kelly he doesnt even deserve to be spoken about thats how bd he is.. he aint struggling he just aint good enough...so lets get of the kids back and just recognise that he is not good enough and just go from there

Reply #83671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hicky - that's your opinion, on what you've seen over the past half of the ABL season. TK has seen him play more everyone else on this forum combined!

Reply #83674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think Kelly is very good either.

Reply #83678 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:32 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754