anon
Years ago

How do I get into umpiring?

Before all the jokes start lets try and help me!!how do you get into umpiring?

Topic #7445 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Start by visiting the referee web site http://www.sarefs.basketball.net.au

Contact details etc for Neil Poulton are on there and he will get you in from there.

Reply #83712 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Thanks.

Reply #83714 | Report this post

Daniel Hughes  
Years ago

If you live south of adelaide anon give me a call at marion or pasadena.

Reply #83722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good on ya mate! The game needs more refs.

Reply #83727 | Report this post

Axe man  
Years ago

Go to the local stadium and see the U.I.C. My daughter started a few seasons ago. For a young kid the money is good. It has also helped with her knowlege of the game & given her an insight into how challenging it can be.

Reply #83745 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

Umpiring is fun and keep people involved in the game. Regardless of what is said on this forum, get involved as it can help young people with confidence. All the best...

Reply #83827 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

I first started umpiring at age 11 and it teaches you a lot about human nature, conflict resolution, time management, people management (caretaker of large mammals: Simpsons reference) and general communication and public relation skills.

Also teaches you a bit about basketball too which will improve you as a player, coach and spectator.

I'm now no longer involved with umpiring (or organised basketball for that matter) but the lessons I learned still help me to this day in the world of transnational business, cross-cultural relationships and international marketing.

My only regret is I should have saved every cent I ever earned from umpiring basketball over the years cos I sure as hell earned it!

Reply #83850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #83862 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Cross cultural relationships eh Phizzer? Nudge nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean, say no more.

Reply #83922 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

A nod's as good a wink to a blind bat, know what I mean, know what I mean Billo? Saynomore, saynomore!

Reply #84044 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:08 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754