PG:Maher/Hill

06/07 ROSTER
C:Wheeler/ Cooper
PF:Freeman/Mastrovich
SF:Nash/Copeland
SG:Farley/Ng
PG:Maher/Hill

STARTING CENTRE
Last year we had Cooper starting at the centre who was not really that effective. This year we have Wheeler who has sat out a year due to injury. Although Wheeler has missed a season i reckon he will be an up grade to cooper at the centre. Coopers stats were way down last year so they shouldnt be hard to improve on. UPGRADE

STARTING POWER FORWARD
I must admit i to thought that when we had lost Dusty that our team was screwed. However we have found a real quality import in Kevin Freeman who is agruebly a better player. Dusty was a solid contributer for Adelaide last season and we really couldnt of ask much more in an import. or could we? Kevin Freeman when with bullets did all that Dusty did and maybe even more. Freeman brings an energy to the floor that i dont think that Dusty could ever bring. He is also even more atheltic than Dusty. congrates to Phil for making a great signing. UPGRADE

STARTING SMALL FORWARD
This spot would have to of been the down full for Adelaide in this off season. We lost a Jacob Holmes which made us all very upset. Now i know there has been a lot of talk about who would be in the starting 5 but to me it looks as if it were to be Nash. Nash has also been a good contributer for Adelaide over the years but last year he had seemed to lose all of his confidence. There is no question that Nash wont be able to give us the service that Holmes gave us so we have definetly taken a step back in this position. DOWNGRADE

STARTING SHOOTING GAURD
Good old Whillie was serviceable to us last season but didnt quite have the same impact on the team as he did in the 04/05 season where he was runner up to MVP. my theory is that he will wont be an MVP but he will still be our 20 point man. SAME AS LAST SEASON

STARTING POINT GAURD
Brett is probably one of the most loyal players the NBL has ever seen. At the start of last years season Brettwas in unbeleiveable form as he won quite a few games off his own back. As the season went on he cooled off. with his leadership skills and scoring abiltity he shouldnt be much deferent. SAME AS LAST YEAR

BENCH CENTRE
Cooper has taken a step down this season and will start on the bench. Since he was in the starting five last season and was noneffective through out most the year he might be able to be useful off the bench. should be better than last years Rees as Rees had past it. UPGRADE

BENCH POWER FORWARD
Mastrovich. sorry if i cant spell this guys name right and pleasE correct me if i have. Since Gower was ment to be our back up PF last year and saw about a total of 2 minutes of the whole season, he should be to hard to be top. Mastrovich has come to Adelaide to improve on his game and has all ready proven that he can make it at this level. if he is to improve he will see minutes so automatic UPGRADE.

BENCH SMALL FORWARD
Last year we had Forman who in my opinion was one of the best 6 men in the league. Copeland is ageing but should still be service able. DOWNGRADE

BENCH SHOOTING GAURD
Nash fill in this position last year and di the bare minium that we would have probably expect from him. Now Ng has taken a year of the NBL hbut as his stats show in the ABL league that he is in great form, but due to all the other players on the team and our overload of gaurds he would probably be look at the tenth spot. He will most probably make the most of his minutes but he probably wont be as effictive as Nash was last season in this spot. not that Nash was very effective. DOWNGRADE

BENCH POINT GAURD
Brad will be more effictive this season assuming that his minutes go up. yes he did prove late last year that he was cableable of a starting have position but due to the surcumstances i can't see him making it. he probably will get the odd game in the five tho. UPGRADE

OVERALL TEAM
I think this team has more balance and the minutes will be able to spread out more. Overall we have 5 upgrades 3 downgrades and 2 the same as last season. I think that Phil has down well with getting a team like this considering all the players will lost over the the off season. My hat goes off to him. Its hard to tell where we think we will finish as most of these guys have never played with each other. Having said that i think that with the talent we have on our side we should be able to make top 4 again.

I hope you enjoyed reading this as it took me for bloody ever to write.

PLEASE NOTE THAT EVERYTHING EXPRESSED IN THIS POST IS ONLY TO THE OPINION OF WOLLY

Topic #7460 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

So its offical we have freeman now ?

Reply #83905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes

Reply #83910 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Thank you and well written Woolly.

Makes for enjoyable reading and some logically put together thoughts. In the end...06/07 36ers should be an upgrade..cant wait.

Reply #83966 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:19 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754