Isaac
Years ago

What's Hot/What's Not - End of May Issue

What's Hot:

Double Clutch's hand injury - payback for abandoning his writing of hot/not lists. Shame!

Not quite such a shame is the Sixers signing Kevin Freeman - is anyone unhappy (besides EC) with this choice of second import? The ten man roster is done and now they just need to get the team sold.

Ex-Sixer Jacob Holmes - a triple double of 15 points, 15 rebounds and 15 assists. In 35 minutes. Against the ladder leaders. Lucky Dragons, eh?

On stats, what about Keith Krause going for 43 over the weekend. Could it be a career ABA high?

This just in - the Panther Times headline the other week: "SCANLO". No publication is big enough for this HSA-rampant effort from the South guard.

Also in the news, ongoing press here and abroad for Erin Phillips and Laura Summerton - all positive.

Still in the States, the NBA Playoffs - what a run of games! Goodbye Spurs, the Pistons might be done tomorrow, and then we might actually have an entertaining Finals series.

While we're with the NBA, go and look up Dwyane Wade's stats. 05/06, he shoots 17% from outside. 17%. In 15 Playoff games so far this season, he's 11-22, or 50% - slight difference...

Which reminds me - Todd "The Difference" Gower goes one block short of five fives - 16 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 blocks and 5 steals. Can we count the 5 fouls maybe?

About as friendly with a hairbrush as TG, there's some growing hype for Brad Newley in the US - some are tipping a first round pick even.

Woodville women: not a single player is averaging double figures, but they won two games in just over a week.

Damrob Photography, but not just because they sent me Deluxe Scrabble - such dedication getting out to games, taking a tonne of photos and putting them online for all to browse.

Tigers big men fire up and DB steps out of his sisters' shadow - Dave Bowley manages 22 and 13 against West and then 26 and 12 against the Lions, while Matt Alexander posted a massive 70.5 HSA for 26/20/9 against West, and had 12/12/7 facing Centrals.

No falling lights, fire incidents or plagues of locusts at any BSA venues this week?

What's Not:

The government crippling the Dome to protect the Entertainment Centre. Looks like only one EC in SA gets along with the Dome. If the Crows and Power were interested before, they wouldn't be after hearing about the restrictions.

The Lions Men team manager takes a job in QLD and half of the team are suddenly injured. Hmmm.

I hereby decree that Scott Palmer of the Sturt Sabres is banned from attempting field goals. 27.3%! Hustle only, no shots!

Finding out who James Pennington is and being really disappointed.

Losing the inaugural game of Deluxe Scrabble against my arch-rival!

Who else has got something for the lists?

Topic #7464 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

HOT: Paul Rees with 34 and 16 1/1 3pt

Reply #83921 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

What's Not

Isaac's comments on my unhappiness towards the Freeman signing. Show me where I said that. True I did not want the Sixers to be in a position to replace Rychart, but Freeman is as good as they could have done in the situation.

Reply #83924 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

What's Hot

Isaac's effort in putting together a Hot/Not list. Well done and much appreciated from a busy person like yourself.

Reply #83925 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Come on, do you think I'd miss a chance to make a joke about your Dusty fandom? Haha.

Gee, how could I have forgotten Reesy!

Reply #83926 | Report this post

Ex_Lion  
Years ago

Whats Hot:

-Living in Gods' Country
-Taking up a position with a QABL womens team as Masseuse
-26 degrees on the 1 June

Whats Not:

-Brisbane Lions
-XXXX

Reply #83929 | Report this post

Tickle  
Years ago

Don't be hating on Scotty P :D

Reply #83932 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

Soon to be HOT!

Seeing the Posse in Ninja masks and Happy Pants!

Seeing Kevin Freeman run onto court v Kings on 27th September.

Welcome back Darren Ng!

Reply #83934 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

whats hot,

kevin freeman, a awesome signing and a defensive upgrade on dusty

Reply #83940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats Hot

James Pennington In the Shower

Reply #83952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also hot, James Pennington in a volcano.

Reply #83955 | Report this post

Ex_Lion  
Years ago

That's not the picture that I wanted in my head at the moment.........

Reply #83968 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Hot ,Kevin Freeman , top pick up for the 36ers and great work Damrob.

What the deal with the Dome sale?
Would the new owners also have restrictions over its use?

Reply #83977 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Can someone "out" this Pennington guy ? Pic ?

Janx you out there ??

Reply #83978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey, happy pants was your suggestion Bonz. I never agreed to that. It doesn't matter if I have an extensive collection. That's not the point...

Ninja Posse 2006/07 "Strictly for my Ninjas."

RIP Reesy. May your slow motion move to the sky be full of unnecessary elbows to Anstey's face.

Reply #83981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry, above post makes no sense. Elbows to Anstey's face are always necessary.

Reply #83982 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

DC's hand injury mobile phone related?

Reply #83986 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

No he injured it on his broken Johnnie Walker bottle (result of anger over how quickly it finished).

Reply #83992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HOT - CHICCCCCKA

Reply #83995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hot - moderators who delete or edit anything from or about chicka or mike!

Not - the lack of entertainment from John Lawrence of late. The guy might have some issues but he made the forum (and my days at work) very interesting.

Reply #84002 | Report this post

Ex-Lion  
Years ago

Hot:

My Penthouse Lounge room

Not:

Outside in Brisbane it's only 16 degrees
Any picture of James Pennington in the shower or a volocano

Reply #84004 | Report this post

rob  
Years ago

hot- spud's penthouse and cushy new job completely free of lions

not- an injury list as long as wilkey's leg. which is injured.

we'll be visiting mate.

Reply #84007 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Not:
Singapore Slingers - What were they thinking when they came up with that name? hmm

Reply #84012 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Not:
Early and incorrect announcements of signings of imports...

Reply #84019 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:50 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754