Isaac
Years ago

Shane Heal playing A-grade

So, in an effort to remember how to play basketball, Shane Heal decided to join a Brisbane A-Grade Wednesday night league. His first go at competitive hoops in more than 18 months.

The result? 34 points recently and 52 points the week before.

"In my first game I walked in I only knew one bloke," said Heal.

"I only took three or four shots in the first half, threw a few bad passes and got it taken off me by a 6-foot bloke.

"In the second half I shot the ball really well, had a big half and then last week I played really well, so it was good."
More info

Topic #7479 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Just to boost his ego?
I think he is on some A Grade stuff.

Reply #84103 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Does he need 3 or 5 games to qualify for finals? Does he pay his $8.50 at the door like everyone else? When he's subbed out, does he help out doing the scoresheet and clock? I hope he has correct uniform, you get deducted points for incorrect uniform and pockets is definitely out.

Reply #84105 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Better than paying $9.50 and have ONE ref !!!

Reply #84107 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

please shane come and play social ball in Adelaide, i am sure no-one out there would take a cheap shot at you.

Reply #84108 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

Why didn't i call him?
Damn It!

Reply #84109 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Can't believe no-one in Brisbane has taken a cheap shot at him.

Yet..........

Reply #84111 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Fitz, you know why............

'cos he would take all of your shots!

Reply #84112 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I bet he has taken numerous cheap-shots. Wouldn't stop him from scoring 52 in a social match though.

I have always wondered why more NBL players don't fill in for their friends social D-grade team. It would be pretty devastating if you realised that you were lining up against Anstey or Maher or even Heal knowing that no matter how hard you mug the guy, he is still gonna score on you every time...

Reply #84113 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

His contract with the Brisbane Bad News Bears, sponsored by Telstra Short Messaging Service has the following clauses:

-He turns up and collects a pre-paid phone card from each player
-He is allowed to wear whatever he wants
-When he takes the court and his mobile rings, a referees time out is called
-All accompanying women are allowed to sit on the bench
-Only Shane calls the subs
-Only Shane calls the plays
-Only Shane calls the women....

Reply #84114 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Sturty are you talking Shane Heal or Warne?

Reply #84115 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I have always wondered why more NBL players don't fill in for their friends social D-grade team.
Same reason that Rolan Roberts won't be entering the NBL Slam Dunk Competition again...

Reply #84116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surprised he has any friends at all. Wonder if the guy even liked him...as a person?

Reply #84117 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Isaac, give yourself a basketball for that one!

I think Gaze is a top bloke and if Gaze likes Heal, guess Heal can't be ALL bad.

Reply #84118 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

sorry, but ball should have gone to Sturty6ers for the classic (#84103)

ego and A grade stuff indeed

NBL site should get some of that ball for running the story in the first place - obviously not enough legitimate 'news' to fill the page this week!

Reply #84119 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Nutwork

I combined the best features of both of them, to make one prize package........

Reply #84143 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:55 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754