Isaac
Years ago

Sixers regular game tickets

From the Sixers site comes the news that regular season tickets will be available for purchase from Tuesday September 28.

Adult tickets will be $27.

Topic #751 | Report this topic

Return Tosender  
Years ago

Didn't someone say that the tickets were supposed to be cheaper this year. That has gone up again. They were $25 last season. Come-on sixers administration. You aint going to get anyone to the games for that price.

Reply #8054 | Report this post

Return Tosender  
Years ago

I forgot to say that now it cost the same to watch a basketball game (2-3 hours entertainment) than to watch 2 movies at marion (5-6 Hours entertainment)

RIDICULOUS

Reply #8055 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

Yeah, but Hollywood can't match the drama of a live basketball game!!

Reply #8056 | Report this post

Yes I agree with you deak. but lets put it this way if they wanted to fill the stadium every game than they should be reducing the prices not making it more. I know this has been stated many a time but lets say

Adults $18 = $136 000 (if we fill stadium)

At the moment we dont fill the stadium, lets say 5000 people attend

Aults $27 = $135 000

Would it not be better to pack everyone in the stadium (bring back the days when people were lining up for standing only tickets) than to up the prices so only the rich people may attend a game.

Reply #8057 | Report this post

Tommy  
Years ago

Last year I brought a freind to some games where he paid $20 to walk through. I dont think they had enough staff in the ticket boxes and so had to just grab a $20 note and let people fing their own seats wherever available.
Sixers management are really losing touch with reality. They couldnt organise a r..t in a b.....l, if you know what I mean!!

Reply #8147 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just checked the Venuetix site. Game tickets there are $24.70 + $3.30 fee (per ticket) plus a $2.20 transaction fee (per booking).

So, for a couple of tickets, the cheapest adult seat is $29.10 per person. Or more than $30 if you want to just buy one ticket for yourself.

Reply #8372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Transaction Fees only apply to online orders, if you buy your tickets in person or over the phone no transaction fee applies.
$24.70 per ticket
$3.30 booking fee per ticket
equals $28

Why venuetix feels like they need to charge an extra $2.20 for internet when BASS doesn't I dont know.

Reply #8374 | Report this post

wow  
Years ago

wow, $28! what a bargain!!

Reply #8376 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm assuming that a phone order requires staff attention and thus an hourly rate. Not sure why that should be cheaper than an automated system? I'm sure there's more to it logistically (assigning a seat, etc), but I still think that it's an excessive price for a seat above the concourse.

I haven't heard anything good about the season ticket sales, so I'm hoping those stories prove to be unfounded next Wednesday!

Reply #8377 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:43 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754