Hangtime
Years ago

Under 18's 2005

who r u pics on spots and the best players for next season? anyone?

Topic #753 | Report this topic

Take Luck  
Years ago

molitor(west), S Hoffman(woodville), that guard from norwood?? he shot a lot of threes this year?, Gavin K(woodville)
There is 4, i no that there is more, but im to tired to think of them rite now. thought id just get the post off and running.

Future king of the scrap!!!!!

Reply #8040 | Report this post

Anonymus  
Years ago

MAN i reckon there a too many to choose from in this age group. But i do think that norlunga will have a sick team with the couple of players that have joined the club recently, does anyone agree

Reply #8076 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

i agree.. and specially gaining this new player from interstate..
i rekon our forestville boys will have a good team, having the youngens coming up from under 16's.

Reply #8120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What interstate guy would this be that you are talking of?

Reply #8264 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

Sam Hemmings

Reply #8265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where is he coming from (if he is interstate) and is he really as good as everyone is talking him up to be?

Reply #8266 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

he's from victoria. played under 16's vic metro this year.
and i heard he made Australia camp so im guessing he's pretty good

Reply #8268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is he a 1st or 2nd year under 18?

Reply #8269 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

he should be 1st year under 18's next season.. seeing he played under 16's last season

Reply #8270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Being a first year do you still think he will be as dominant as someone like Phil Brown or Chris Molitor?

Reply #8274 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

well seeing browny and chris will be second years and more experience im guessing he'll have to step up a bit.. playing against molitor i guess he could have some troubles.. but then again we'll have to see

Reply #8276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should be a good match up but Molitor will have quite a bit of a size advantage!

Reply #8277 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

yeah should be an awesome match up :)

Reply #8278 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Schoolies - He was Vic Country, not Vic Metro :-).

Reply #8284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah he was vic country captain, however he would have been lucky to get ten minutes against some of the better teams in perth, and barely played in the gf. i mean hes good, but not necessarily outstanding..
how embaressing will it be to have a close game to norlunga! *shudder*

Reply #8319 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

thanks hoops, i was uninformed ;)

Reply #8337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

brown and molitor were co-captains last year for sa metro. molitor also made oz camp n was starting five first yr for state. it would have to be a big step up for hemmings?yeah?

Reply #8340 | Report this post

Choco  
Years ago

Is there any reason to think this hemmings guy will be any better than steve and chief who played for sa metro and will be u18 this year too. Why would he be ready to take on chris, aj, dodman, long etc

But he will give southern some height and they will be a tough team with their imports.

Reply #8343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think hemmings is talked up too much, but he will be better than steve because by the sound of it at least he earnt his state spot, unless you ask steve that is, he goin NBA next year?

Reply #8434 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

which steve are you talking aabout?

Reply #8458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

steve from north, i dont know about steve from forestville. hes big.

Reply #8481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

steve csono -fville- hes big and OVERRATED!

Reply #8504 | Report this post

Rookie  
Years ago

Big Steve has a heart of good and if he could he would fly like an Eagle for Forestville. He works his ass and heart off, yet he eternally is repaid with disrespect... leave him alone.
He is one of the many players that has come from another club to Forestville nad has improved beyond what most people thought he would.
Keep going Steve!

Reply #8518 | Report this post

Rookie  
Years ago

Sorry heart of Gold

Reply #8519 | Report this post

Mr Happy  
Years ago

If u havea problem with Big Steve tell me ur real name so i can put u out of ur misery

Reply #8553 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

BIG STEVE IS A CHAMP!!! GO STEVE

Reply #8562 | Report this post

Mr Happy  
Years ago

Yer thats wat im saying Steve is a champ. so if anyone has a problem with him tell me ur real name and ill........ put u on the floor

Reply #8580 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

Mr Happy.. ur an eagle yeah.. dyu know who passerby is?? does anyone.

Reply #8582 | Report this post

anonymus  
Years ago

MR . Happy shut ur mouth, you are all talk i would like to see you pu me on my arse big time

Reply #8586 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic.  
Years ago

Well what can you say, Big steve is a great player. If you think he is overated you try to stop him when seals or catches the ball in the post. He plays his huge heart out every time he steps onto the court. Dont have a go at someone like steve considering you dont hide behind your name. Big Steve is through and through forestville and is such a gentle giant(seen him coach his under 10). Great kid!

Reply #8598 | Report this post

Dr Evil  
Years ago

LMFAO!!

"MR . Happy shut ur mouth, you are all talk i would like to see you pu me on my arse big time
anonymus, 30/09/04 "

I would love to, whoever the pees involvede are!!! My money is on Mr Happy, as with an acerbic & vulgar tongue like yours (anonymus), you obviously have no game, decency or manners!

Carlo's comments imho, hit the mark.

BTW, is it not time to stop naming Juniors in these forums like Paul Arnott has stated? Especially when vile personal opinions and insults are being hurled around by so called "know it alls" not only in this thread but also in another U18s thread??

Reply #8600 | Report this post

passerby  
Years ago

i believe in the SCHOOL section only can junior names be said...

Reply #8620 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

No, I believe in the SCHOOL section Isaac gave up and couldn't be stuffed moderating when thousands of people that post just blatantly ignored his very lenient and only rule = not showing his website or his effort any respect at all!

Which is why this section was created, for that matter, for the disrespectful :)

Reply #8882 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's like the innermost circle of Hell...

Thou shalt not woof.
Thou shalt not discuss the performances of U18 players.

But do whatever you want within the terms of posting, just keep it clean and fair.

Reply #8895 | Report this post

Mr Happy  
Years ago

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahhahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahah some1 stop me from laughing at anonymous hahahaah ahha u against me hahahahahahaha i take it ur not a good player seeing u cant recognise awsome players like SHrek AKA "BIG" Steve who is a champ.

Reply #9555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think big steve and steve from north are both over rated players all get a life

Reply #9666 | Report this post

mmm  
Years ago

There is no big player from north whos name is steve

Reply #9950 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

is that "cheif" guy named steve at north??

Reply #9951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cheif's name is samuel

Reply #9981 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

my bad..

Reply #10057 | Report this post

Years ago

Im from Southern and Sam hemmings is a great player! Nice guy and all!! He will have to step up and play well but not much he is good enough as it is!!! BIG Steve from forestville is a ledgend! i have seen him play and he is great!! he has a huge heart aswell!! So leave em all alone whoever is bagging them both!

Reply #10654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry, i just didnt think the above post had enough exclamation points

Reply #10681 | Report this post

Years ago

y do u think that???? they both are great players!!!

Reply #10754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats better

Reply #11864 | Report this post

Georgie  
Years ago

(Mod: To those posting from Cardijn College, your school has been notified and you've been blocked. All thanks to your inability to post with any level of maturity...)

Reply #12776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im a player from tha tigers sam is an awsorme player i have watched him play on fiday night and he is really good!

Reply #20055 | Report this post

Hi  
Years ago

Tim BErtino from geelong is mad as

Reply #20247 | Report this post

Beat ya  
Years ago

Ok so not too sure who this steve guy is but played with Hemmo (Sam) in Vic, kool guy and very smooth player.

Reply #21006 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

Any results from div 1 last friday?

Reply #21488 | Report this post

negyven_negy  
Years ago

Is this "Big Steve" from Forestville the guy with the afro kinda hair? Cos if he is he isn't really that big and he isn't as great as everyone is saying. He's good I admit, but he isn't unstopable. Just my opinion...

Reply #30569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hemmings is very overrated. he plays post?!?! molitor and brown are more dominant players.

Reply #30629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You guys must be so jealous of this sam kid. Its like if you give credit to a kid you justhve to bring him down. But browny and molitor are dominat players. But they both have good teams which is a reason they play so good.

Reply #30630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good point. i dont mean to bring the kid down its just he was talked up so much before he came over and ive never seen him score more than 10 points..and he talks alot of trash. Im just saying i would rather gaurd sam than brown or shannon from forestville

Reply #30632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think sam from north is a over over over rated player steve from forestville is better than him

Reply #30772 | Report this post

chris  
Years ago

chief is still in state and sasi... steve isnt

Reply #30911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so want does that mean sasi and state is a load of crap....

Reply #30939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

steve did not try out for state

Reply #30940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sounds like sour grapes, SASI may have political motives, but state is a true representation of your ability in the BASA comp, and is not tied to SASI at all.

e.g. i played state, but was never asked to SASI, a team mate of mine, been at SASI for 2-3 years, cut from state.

If you dont try-out then you cant knock those that had more balls than you, if you dont try-out then whinge then you are afriad of failure!

Reply #30981 | Report this post

chris  
Years ago

SASI may have gotten rid of some of the wrong players, but state shows who the better players in the league are. at least leave your name if your gona bag someone.

Reply #31044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

look at under 16 state team there were players that should not have been there

Reply #31070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought the topic was who are the good players for U18's not lets bag players from U18's. There is so much stuff I could say about some of those players but honestly who really cares! Everyone should stop bagging them and just say positive stuff.
Southern have a heaps good team but though browny and sam are good players, there are more than 2 players in that team who can rip up the court!

Reply #31116 | Report this post

fatso  
Years ago

iHAVE PLAYED AGAINST steve from forestville he is unstoppable in the post he is like shaq dominant in the post.cHIEF is crap he is big for nothing and the only thing he can do is catch the ball. Stevo is the real deal and chief needs to lose weight first

Reply #31316 | Report this post

chris  
Years ago

im sorry to disagree. steve didnt play all that well against us when we played em. he wasnt a factor. chief is still in state. that all speaks for itself.

Reply #31506 | Report this post

thirtytwo  
Years ago

try posting them both up at the high post then drive on them they ain't that good.

Big doesn't mean Good

State's prev results so how good those teams and their selection processes are.
Steve is better tho

Reply #31585 | Report this post

pickles  
Years ago

hemmo isnt actually a post player. He often plays as a guard as well. He is versitile. Just cos he doesnt hog the ball and score 30 points each game, it doesnt make him overated. Have you seen him play d or how many assists he gives off?? hmmm, thought not.

Reply #31818 | Report this post

yepyep  
Years ago

Totally agree with what ur saying pickles. Its not always the ppl who score the points who are the superstars. There hav been many assist kings who don't score many points at all but set their teammates up to score. These players get overlooked by people because they aren't the ones putting the ball in the ring

Reply #31844 | Report this post

nupnup!  
Years ago

Excuse me yepyep- what about assist queens? I know this post is about guys but still!

I played 16G div1 for f'ville a couple of yrs ago and we had the "assist queen" from the country. She fed it to us players in the perfect spot, under the basket, so many times, threading the ball through two or more defenders most times. Her vision would have been probably twice as good as most male players going around in district at the moment.

What ur saying is rite but dnt forget about the girls!

Reply #31845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh, well this thread wasn't about girls

Reply #31846 | Report this post

anony  
Years ago

Who really cares- boys or girls?!? Both can play. Everyone is entitled to their opinion so let nupnup have a go. In saying that though- i doubt this girl was TWICE AS GOOD as the guys going round at the moment- surely thats stretching it a bit.

Reply #31858 | Report this post

pickles  
Years ago

thanks yep yep.. its no good having a team orf scorers if noone can play defense or pass the ball.

Reply #31859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fatso if u cant stop steve u cant play defense. Both could go to Jenny Craig

Reply #31873 | Report this post

AP  
Years ago

Anyone know the girl that nupnup is talking bout? Could u plz share with everyone nupnup?? (so i can laugh and prove the statement u made is wrong!)

Reply #32131 | Report this post

rove is a gun  
Years ago

I agree- there is no way what this person sed could be anywhere near the truth. And im not being sexist at all- im sure this girl u r talking about is okay- but what u sed soudns like bullsh*t to me. Can someone let out who she actually is-even a hint would be nice.
And for the record, big steve is a legend !!!! both on and off the court! GO STEVE!

Reply #32299 | Report this post

Years ago

now we are in the season- we can see who r tha best players- and sam hemmings is probably 1 of them- and big steve from forestville isnt quite up to scratch

Reply #35089 | Report this post

Pickles Housemate  
Years ago

Spot On!

Did any1 see the Sthrn/F.Ville rematch at Morphett Vale on 20/05???

great game with spectators sitting on Crt 2 watching the game being played on Crt 3! Greta atmosphere.

Hemmings - passes far more than he shoots - great drawer of defence and finding open man.

I'd have him for work experience anytime! ;)

Reply #35599 | Report this post

Peter Maravich  
Years ago

That Molitor kid for west held their team together! more beneficital for west than that steve kid for forestville!

Reply #35608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ey did any of you guys play in the classic!!!!!!!!!! We (Geelong) played against a red and black team from adelaide, they werent very good but they had one big guy who shot threes, apparently he is sponsored by nike?!?!??!

Reply #41097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats chris molitor, not sure about him being sponsered by NIKE lol. Is that true chris

Reply #41151 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

lol no but a i was sponsored for a week by nike to go on a trip with some other australians.

Reply #41163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hell yes i would sponsor him

Reply #41170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

molitor is the god of SA basketball, they should name the comp after him and set up a shiine at each stadium, he deserves a sponsorship.

Reply #41207 | Report this post

jj  
Years ago

hemmings is a good team player. He has the ablity to draw and pass and find inside targets (not so much outside shooters cause he is going towards the ring on the move). He doesn't really have a jumpshot, spot up or off the driblle same with his three point shot. But he post games seems to be very underated he can post up any guard as big or bigger than him. He doesn't make quick moves but uses his counters and fakes well. He is a decent defensive player, he has good one on one containment but his help D and double teamings wasn't there when i saw them play. I would have to say he is one of the best players in the comp though. Having said that out of the best players in the SA comp Molitor, Brown, Slagghekke, Seebohm, Dodman and himself he was the worst performer. Which is okay seeing as he is bottom age and next yer will be SA met best player. As for this steve kid, yeah he is a solid post player and can get it done in the SA comp but at Nationals? i don't think so. Cheif is bottom age and has better hands, with a more diverse game i agree with that the state team is the ten best available players are taken away!

Reply #41208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mrs and mr molitor did you write that i do not think so

Reply #41323 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

lol cheers anon.. i shrines a lil too much but cheers

Reply #41662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

molitor is over rated

Reply #44981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There someone goes again too jealous and cowardly to put there name on stupid potsts like the one above.

Reply #45073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

chief has good hands and a diverse game! wat? better than steve? maybe diverse?no good hands? no strong?yes his biggest asset is his strength

Reply #45326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

rumors are that someone from tigers is moving to north why

Reply #45344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wants to help them make finals and look good in the process

Reply #45499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Don't be so negative.)

Reply #46031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they dont need any next yr in 18's to help em make finals they'll make it anyway but if y they get anyone it will just bolster there stocks if they r first yr this yr they'll play in a good team nxt yr and a shit one the yr after

Reply #46413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

average one yr after

Reply #46414 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:21 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754