Mr Hoops
Years ago

18 Boys Classic

I believe the SA teams have a good opportunity here with a number of state boys on show. Norwood have a great show of going through as do Forrestville. I believe Sturt can finish on top of their pool.Look out for Sutherland from NSW who will be very strong.

Topic #7534 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt have a great opportunity here with some of the Vic sides carrying injuries etc i think Sturt and Norwood look very strong. Sturts size will worry a few teams as well as their outside shooting ability.

Reply #84593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

where did norwood finish here at state champs?

Reply #84612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood didnt make the finals. Maybe in that pool North can finish in the top 2 but Ringwood is the unknown with one of the State bigs in their squad

Reply #84616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whilst norwood haven't been playing that well over the last month they still have the talent to do some damage at classics.

Reply #84634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the tall blonde guard for Norwood did he make state..i think he may have been carrying an injury

Reply #84636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lots of Norwood boys were carrying injuries at State Champs. Now that most of them are back and fit they should definitely go through. You would think that at full strength, Norwood would beat North.

Reply #84649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood are missing Zac still with his knee. not good b4 natnls

Reply #84703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last Friday they got beat by Sturt with only Zac not playing. So wouldn't call injuries as their only problem.

Reply #84708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Form is their other problem, but I think you will find they have other guys playing hurt. Sturt are current State Champions anyway, so losing to them is no disgrace. How about some credit to Sturt instead of throwing blame at Norwood?

Reply #84715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also Sturt beat norwood with out their starting big man and back point guard.

Reply #84723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes they did. Sturt are in top form at the moment and should go very well this weekend.

Reply #84739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think that Sturt will have their work cut out with Canberra and Ballarat who have 3 Vic Country boys in the line up. Ballarat have had some good scalps in Vic over the past few months.

Reply #84769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My thoughts are that Sturt will go very close to taking this one out. I rate them highly although the teams that travel are at a disadvantage.

Reply #84819 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

canberra are sick, i played against 5 of there state boys last month and they shld be playn in classics, watch out norwood and sturt they are huge fellas. instead of jst being tall there bulit like bricks

Reply #84825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

canberra will be one of the favorites all right. the Darkhorse maybe the Tigers as they come up for these games and they have 2 boys over 6 10

Reply #84840 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:58 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754