anon
Years ago

Cannons going off down at tigerland??

rumor has it Leah Cannon has returned from the USA and is playing for the tigers for the rest of season 06.

nice little pick up

Topic #7546 | Report this topic

In the Know  
Years ago

Tigers as in Southern?

Reply #84823 | Report this post

also a supporter  
Years ago

Amazing isnt it the famed no 5 only to be worn at Eastern by Cannon & Goodenough now both players gone to Southern whats up at Eastern ?
Perhaps somebody should ask some questions as to why.

Reply #84839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

could it perhaps be because they are friends. seems pretty logical to me.

It's a little surprising Cannon is back in SA, seeing as her family moved to Qld.

Reply #84847 | Report this post

Years ago

The reason they both wear no 5 is a pretty personal and quite special reason for Joel, Leah and a lot of the Eastern team. Don't bring your silly politics into it and please show a little respect.

Reply #84855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well said .....
personally i am shocked to see leah make that move, when did she return from the US?

Reply #84857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah the question is why would she go to Southern? Another Southern junior not to get any time.

Reply #84859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#84855 work out who "also a supporter" is before you make comments like that and you'll find your the fool.

Reply #84879 | Report this post

Years ago

Regardless of who is writing what, the comment was really just trying to point out that we should maybe focus on the basketball side of things, eg what this will mean for the Southern womens teams and the opposition point guards, and just leave the little club snipes at the door. Guess I was trying to prevent a slinging match before it started is all.

Reply #84891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You are right in what you say about about the basketball side of things. However I think you'll find it was a question and not a snipe. I think you'll find no one on the Eastern committee ever asked Joel why he left they just assumed. That is the point that was being made. Nothing more then that. Back to the basketball topic!

Reply #84897 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

Well it will make the Southern team stronger if Leah play's no question. As for the other teams they'll have to deal with one more very good guard. That can not only penetrate and dish but is also a consistent 3 point shooter. Also is a great defender as well. So I think she'll give teams some headaches!

Reply #84905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The reality is she had to go to team where she could qualify by playing 9 games Eastern only have 8 games left

Reply #84909 | Report this post

reality check!  
Years ago

Post #84909 there's more to your reality than just 8 games left, I'm sure there is more than Tigers with 9 games left to go......

Reply #84914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just more pressure on Noel to win a title.

Reply #84917 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

Reality for all clubs is the best players the club has play's in the ABL team the rest play div 2 or lower.

Reply #84954 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:52 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754