Kent Brockman
Years ago

Funny NBA Finals: Mavs vs Heat, Game 1 (spoiler)

What are peoples thoughts?

Mavs seem to want it more

Wade was awesome, Dirk was average.

Shaq equalled his own playoff record by missing 8 straight foul shots.

Topic #7557 | Report this topic

unbelievable  
Years ago

jason terry - 32 points in 12 minutes

woahhhhhhhhhh

Reply #84890 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

I didn't see the game, so can only comment on box scores, would appreciate responses to the following statements from those who actually saw it.

Shaq only taking 11 shots? 1-9 from foul line? Only hit his first one with 55 secs left in the game, did the crowd give him a "Bronx cheer"? Eddie P didn't really have that much of an influence on his shooting, or maybe more psychological issues!

Dirk 4-14? Rushed? Pressure? Mental?

Yeah and how did Terry get his 32 in 12 minutes?

Curious that the three guys with most minutes for Dallas started on bench, thoughts?

Reply #84893 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Was what i would describe as a street game, lots of running and breaks and lots of bad passing and rotating d

Shaq actually had more FTA than that but got 2 lane violations in his favour...and still missed.

Dirk was getting doubled a lot and so kicking it to other shooters. Hit a big 2 on the half buzzer to give the Mavs the lead and momentum

Wade did what he wanted pretty much in offecce and got to the rim with ease.

Did not realise that JET played only 12 minutes , had to recheck the box as it seemed more( he did blow a on your own lay up at one stage) Hit some big threes in a row to get a margin on the heat, other than that was getting to the rack and little floaters.

Heat only had 2 players take foul shots ( Wade / Shaq) which would suprise a lot and i expect will be different in G2.

Battles of the benches though....Heat mostly MIA stats and hustle wise.

Reply #84899 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Kent Brockman, you really need to begin each of your posts with "This just in...." ;)

Reply #84903 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Terry played 37 minutes if you believe Kafenatid. The NBA boxscore appears to be wrong.

That said, the NBA report does mention Terry getting 8 points in 77 seconds.

Reply #84904 | Report this post

Wade needs to play some defense. Like he'd turn the ball over and walk back on d. And see that layup Terry got where he basically walked out of the way? It's not shaq laying it up, its a PG. Block him or something will you

Reply #84926 | Report this post

But how big was Wades dunk on Dampier? omg i nearly fell out of my seat

Reply #84927 | Report this post

Karch Karai  
Years ago

Dwayne was unstoppable in the first quarter and the heat had 31. Shaq was dishing out elbows with Dirk and Stackhouse on the receiving end but Miami were restricted to 13 in the second quarter. Jason Terry had 20 at the half but did not take a shot in the third quarter, he said he was looking for Dirk to shoot more but when that didn't work he went for 12 in the last. Awesome display. ELG is right on the money about Wade's D it was more than once he didn't chase back and was glaringly obvious. He did however get a couple of nice blocks one on Dirk about a mm from the glass sending the ball and dirk into the crowd. Miami will hit back.

Reply #84934 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Forget how good Flash was in the 1st quarter, give a toss about his dunk on Damp (it was sweet), the only thing that matters is Dallas won by 10. At the end of the day everything else is irrelevant. Dallas 1 - Miami 0

An interesting thing is that Dirk and Josh Howard both had dud games. Shaq was average (and disgusting from the line) and the so-called Miami depth didn't show up to play. Toine Walker taking more shots than Shaq, what's doing with that!!! He should be punched for taking 9 three's and only making 3. He's a damn PF. Get his ar$e back inside and starting posting up.

Heat bench only contributed 2 points and 13 rebounds vs 24 points and 14 points from the Mavs. 7-19 by the Heat from the line is terrible. I'd expect better from Under 12's. Only two players got to the line for the Heat. Big problem there!!!

Mavs keep on going and Dirk and Howard start to get it together the Mavs are going to be looking good. The Heat will bounce back, but I'm still going with the Mavs for the championship.

Reply #84940 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:16 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754