Anonymous
Years ago

Any Magic sides in Melbourne

After missing out on the State Champs I hope thre are some Magic teams in Melbourne this weekend. If there is good luck and show us what you are made of. If not, Why not?

Topic #7568 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares! Only real clubs go to Melbourne.

Reply #84998 | Report this post

woodville balla  
Years ago

no magic sides heading over. most magic teams go over to a tournament in the barrossa. im not sure if thats this weekend

Reply #85000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this for real. Norwood carnival,State Champs and now Melbourne. Some magic teams are good enough to be in div1 (under 20 boys) and they do not go to these carnivals. Am I building them up too much? Why won't their club enter them. I have heard a lot of talk about going to div1, how do you expect to get there if you don't strutt your stuff on the big stage. I know there is no under 20s at these Melbourne games but they have let two other chances slip.

Reply #85004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there is a tell in a team.
very good player ive heard
buht does javilin also
anyone heard of her??

Reply #85031 | Report this post

Tangles  
Years ago

does anyone kno how A.Whites magic team is doin in Melbourne.he averages 30 and has a nice goal shot.

Reply #85040 | Report this post

Tangles 2  
Years ago

haha that hurts A white

Reply #85074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like there is no reason. Maybe club has no faith. I thought they would have done well. I guess they are happy being a social club.

Reply #85140 | Report this post

Sir Lance a lot  
Years ago

Magic in Melbourne...Hawthorn Magic were there...

Reply #85170 | Report this post

geeeez u guys still talking about us... hahahaha so let me get this straight... u guys can bring us up in a topic... but when one of us do it... all u guys bitch n moan... nice guys! :o) kinda stupid question about us in melbourne tho... kinda common knowledge we didnt play state champs, PLUS we r a div 2 team... wud be difficult to get in even if we did play state champs... and yes we did goto tenunda carnival n had a bloody ball! playing mens ball! we entered 2 teams one came runners up, n the team with the under 20's (ie me) won... so either way we got some miles under our legs!

ps. if i try and organise a scratch match against a div1 side for u/20 men will anyone put there hands up?

Reply #85531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Try Forestvilles Div 2 side!

Reply #85536 | Report this post

lol good call...

Reply #85545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is it a stupid question about Melbourne? I assume you are an under 20 (#85531) and if you don't know your magic is a club which means there is more teams in the club than you and they could have gone to Melbourne. Plenty of div 2 comps were on over there. The only way to improve your teams is to play the best competition you can not second rate carnivals. You had States to show off your under 20 side and chose not to do so. It has been checked out that you did not nominate so stop the crap about being overlooked. As far as your scratch match do it, I am sure a lot of teams would love to have a crack at you. If your CLUB is to go ahead then egos have to go and you have to take chances and play the best teams you can and enter higher standard carnivals.

Reply #85578 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Anon #85578, well said.
Tripple T Double D, what are you on about???

Reply #85587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did the under 20s go at St Clare carnival playing a team with a couple of under 18s. I'll tell you, they lost. Brag about your "tenunda carnival" but don't expect respect till you do it against better opposition.

Reply #85598 | Report this post

wtf? i aint bragging... i didnt even start this poll lol this is my point... u guys bring us up... n if we say something u throw it back in our faces... hahaha i love it...

Reply #85917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haven't seen the scratch match advertised anywhere yet. hahaha i love it...

Reply #85944 | Report this post

well does any1 want to put there hands up???

Reply #86051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it is up to you to try and get it happening. If I was part of an under 20 team I would jump at it. Get it on and stop people bagging you or expect more if it goes the other way. I'll be waiting for time and place so I can watch. Or will it be like state champs???????????????

Reply #86081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Triple T, we don't have to justify ourselves to anyone, let them whine. Everyone in the club knows what we are about and that's what is important. For the record, all junior teams are going to Barossa in July.

Reply #86419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will they be in the right grades with the right players for that division. Hopefully they learnt from the last time when people say they had too many div 1 players in some lower grades in the last Barossa carnival. Should do well as all the div 1 standard players are now playing div 2. Make room for trophies in the trophie cupboard and be proud.

Reply #86505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still no scratch match?

Reply #86590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely everyone can't be scared of magic.

Reply #87469 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Maybe div 1 sides are too busy concerntrating on making the finals instead of finding div 2 teams to play on the side. I ask you TTT DD when you played for Woddville (assuming you did) if you were in the div 1 side, did you go looking around for deacent div 2 sides that you could organise a scrimmage with? I'm guessing not so maybe it's up to YOU to get this up and running, just don't be surprised if the Div 1 sides aren't interested.

Reply #87584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ttt dd I still do not see that scratch match advertised. I thought some sides might be scared to play you but it is looking more and more like you are the scared ones. Good luck in the Barossa carnival. Even though it is a cheap way to fill the trophy cabinet.

Reply #88127 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Try the Forestville U18 boys for a scratchy. I'd back them to kick some Magic butt by around 20 points.

Reply #88131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about it magic. Time to put up or shut up.

Reply #88158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't wait for the chest beating when the mighty magic win at Barossa. Imagine the embarrassment if they happen to lose. Good luck to all who participate and especially those playing in the correct grade for their standard.

Reply #88515 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:58 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754