brad
Years ago

STAMPING OUT DRUGS

i think what perth did was very good, bailey shuld be setting an example, i no for sure that in 16\s up there is a drug problem with some kids mainly in the lower divs. we need to get the message accross now before its to late

Topic #7583 | Report this topic

EC  
Years ago

There's already a thread started on this topic. We don't need another one.

Reply #85103 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

mate if u had read it im talkn about the kids playing club...DRUGS ARE A BIG PROBLEM WITH SOME OF THEM,,,WE NEED TO GET THE MSG ACCROSS

Reply #85145 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I personally dont see what the issue is. Im sure these kids drink also so why not make a big deal about that also then? It's funny how everyone turns a blind eye to alcohol even that it causes more problems then what weed does or ever could. Thats right alcohol is fine because of its economical value I forgot how silly of me.

Reply #85208 | Report this post

nah... the long term affects of anything is bad... any drug... even caffine! kids will be kids... they experiment... moderation is the key!

anyhow... in club ball ie ameture ball it should be a parents problem... unless they are using say at a game or something of that sort, then perhaps diciplin action could be taken by the coach and other players... meh...

lol didnt the gov. put out a drug awarness program within the last few years for family's???

Reply #85222 | Report this post

btw kingjames...

the long term affects of weed can be and are devastating... in more ways than one... look into it m8...

then again... try taking any drug everyday for a long period of time... look at nicotine! or booze! or caffine! the seemlessly harmless drugs can screw u up!

try it and find out... lol

Reply #85224 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Actually KingJames, there have been concerted efforts regarding alcohol abuse in this country.

Your crying about "alcohol is a bigger problem" while true, smacks of someone who likes to light up a joint every day.

The fact is they are both substances that are bad for you when used excessively. Marijuana use has been EXPLICITLY linked to increased depression, paranoia, and creating multiple personality disorders.

Marijuana use has become such a problem, the Government has introduced the new drug driving laws and drug testing stations, which come into effect June 1.

The ultimate fact is that alcohol use is legal for anyone over 18, marijuana posession is illegal, and can result in a fine, or even court action for large amounts in posession.

They are both addictive substances, which can create massively anti-social behaviuours when abused.

Reply #85238 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Well thank you for proving my point yogee by saying there is now going to be more strict rules concerning Marijuana so therefore it will be used even less. As a result it isnt as much as an issue as underage drinking is.

Also for the record an abuser of alcohol would have more health and social problems then an abuser of Marijuana by far, on average! and no i dont smoke it however im not going to let people portray it like its some really bad thing when it is actually much safer then alcohol.

Reply #85251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

guys ive used elicet drugs before games and now im not even playing, i think brad has a point drugs like weed and booze ruined my carrer. i dont blame anyone but we need to do more to promote the effect

Reply #85356 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

just take 5 mins to read these lyrics folks..its worth it

http://www.lyricsdomain.com/20/the_streets/the_irony_of_it_all.html

Reply #85412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can't wait for redux of that tune if the guy develops schizophrenia..

Reply #85415 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:42 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754