School Boy
Years ago

School Ball Downhill

Obviously with the amount of threads this school section has school basketball is quite popular. It is one the best games to watch as it is fast paced, high scoring and has many highlights. However, I feel that over the past years the School Basketball has been going downhill. The quality is the same or even better but since the introduction of Knockout games being played on a Saturday morning it seems like it has gone down. Back when Knockout was played during and school and the home team would have a great advantage as students of the school would come out to watch! This just gave a great atmosphere and brought basketball alive. Saturday morning games dont let this happen as not many people are willing to give up their Saturday morning sport/work/study for a game of basketball which is fair. I feel Knockout basketball needs to return to being played during school to get school basketball spirit up and running again! Obviously there are bad factors such as students missing class but as a year 12 student i feel that missing 1 or maybe 2 lessons is not going to impact on my grade Largely. Feel free to agree or disagree with me but this is just how I feel and if it were my choice, I would be running Knockout during school to increase school spirit and school basketball in SA.

Topic #7628 | Report this topic

52-Cans  
Years ago

I totally agree man, players are motivated to do well when their school and friends watch because they have something to prove! They want a reputation as a good player!

Saturday morning knockout is ridiculous, knockout is meant to be intense except it's players half asleep for the first half, then the second half it can get good. Oh well, school sucks lol.

Reply #85621 | Report this post

woodville balla  
Years ago

very true. bball during skool time is alot more exciting.

we beat CBC in a knockout game this year during skool time and 40-50 ppl came out and watched 4 about half a game.

another reason for games being effortless on saturday mornings is because most players in open teams play district.

Most of the players play div 1. div 1 games start at 9.30 most of the time and finish at about 11. thats mi excuse 4 poor performances in skool ball on saturday mornings

Reply #85652 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

couldn agree more boys, i love the crowed even when its not in your favour you get a thrill from it

Reply #85709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah, I loved playing at Cabra, there was a good 200-300 people out watching us get spanked by 15 points. Oh well lol, they had a good team

Reply #87205 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:29 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754