GB
Years ago

North V South

Women
South lost by approx 14. Gutsy effort by the girls until the last quarter when North,s height and experience gave them the edge to win.

Men

Close all game. Some rough play by both teams, but south ended up with the foul on both occasions, Should have been a double foul or nothing called. South ended up with the win, much to the disappointment of the North coach who vented his anger at the refs after the game. How un sportsman like. (had all the calls his way all game).

Topic #7633 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

who was on the clock? with 1.24 min left in the game the clock wasent started for 9 seconds of play. there were only 3 points in the game at that time!!

I hope no one was trying to cheat.

Reply #85631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul

if the game was at Hillcrest then the scoretable would have been made up from 4 north adelaide people with an independent chairperson.

Hillcrest vision from the scoretable especially from the shot clock and game clock is limited due to the coach standing so close - old stadium - not enough room.

Some of the equipment is getting old, and the connections are not what they are supposed to be. Sometimes the button is pushed, but the clock may not start or may not stop like it should.

I would not think anyone would purposedly leave a clock on or off an error in judgement ie not hearing a whistle, not seeing the ball in play, thinking the clock has started when it hasn't are all possible.

Remember the people who man the scoretable are all club volunteers. They give up countless hours for no reward and little recognition.

I am sure the person concerned would be mortified at being called a cheat by inference.

Reply #85632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

paul
i hope you volunteer to sit in your stadium for 4 to 5 hours on a cold saturday night to support your club. If you were kind enough to do that, then be accused of cheating by inference, I think you would be outragged.
An absolutely ridiculous statement to make

Reply #85638 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Regardless of who you are you've got to be open to criticism. I'm not saying I support the statement made but if you're doing a job in a semi-elite league your actions are going to be open to criticism. Well done Panthers

Reply #85728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

criticism yes, lockstock
accusations of cheating no

Reply #85736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

gotta say, none of this bitching is all that relevant. hows about we talk about the game. i hear the new recruit for panthers, fuller, is doing wonders. 17 points, 17 rebounds a huge effort for a smaller guy. smiths game lifting performance with his 3 just after agel's massive block raised the intensity and hunger for the panthers. made the whole team lift and then the points just came. well done panthers!

Reply #85883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

smiths a gun and fuller has done really well in the games he has played since coming over.

Reply #85969 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:10 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754