Hangin Round
Years ago

Cool Harry

Would Harry Kewell have got a Tech foul after the siren? He seems to have a bit of experience in his chosen game, so perhaps he knows some rules.
The way he went about venting his displeasure was wrong, but many of his team-mates agree the refs sucked.
If somebody mentions on Hoops that they were on the recieving end of some bad decisions, they are jumped on for ref-bashing.
Perhaps there are nights when a ref has a bad mind-set about a team and gives them the rough end of the pineapple, so let's accept it
The main difference is that if a basketball player has a bad night, he knows it, his team mates know it, but the refs don't come on Hoops to tell the rest of us.
It was great to see Chris Molitor respond to a thread about his 'off' night against Woodville and acknowledge it. I bet he puts his head down and plays a blinder this week

Topic #7659 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

no tech fouls after the the siren, any thing after the siren is reportable only

I believe

Reply #85967 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

What bugs me is that once a foul is called, it cannot be reversed if found that the ref made an error. Even in the 1st game the Socceroos played against Japan, Japan scored a very controversial 1st goal. After the game, the ref apologised to Schwarzer and told him he made a mistake. If the Socceroos hadn't scored late in that game, they would have lost the game due to a mistake made by the ref.

Reply #85977 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

1) the ref should not have apologised to schwarzer..was a 50/50 decision and not unfair, just a decision.

2) Kewell should have been booked for his after match tirade, it was embarrasing and wrong and deserved a yellow card. (you can be booked and or sent off even when back in the change rooms after the game.)

3) the talk of bias being shown by the uneven foul count in the Brazil game, is just a reflection of the way the Aussies play the game, a hard, tough side..that plays it tough and gets the fouls as a result.

Harry should be ashamed

Reply #85988 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Playing a hard tough game does not automatically mean that you are playing outside the rules. They are playing under the mastermind guidance of Guus Hiddink. He has enough experience to know what they can and can't do.

Reply #85993 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

As a past player and coach in the National League, the Brazil game was typical of most sports (including basketball) where a bottom teams plays a top one.

Rightly or wrongly it just seems any 50/50 goes the way of the top side. In basketball it seems to me the same applies when you are the home team. You generally get calls the visitors don't.

The ref in that game had a shocker overal, but certainly Brazil got the better of it.

Kewell's reaction was clearly not good BUT nor was it over the top, or else the ref could have either shown him a yellow or even red card if he thought it that bad, but didn't,hence why he was never going to be suspended.

Bring on Croatia, this for me is the danger game. We get through this one I think we will win the next round the way its panning out, then who knows?

Reply #85997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You are correct Fiji. I believe it is because the Refs want to be liked by the players. If you had to choose between Australia and Brazil who would you suck up to?

Reply #86001 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Are you people serious? "they want to be liked"?..they are referees, they are professionals. They dont cheat, they dont look to the team ratings when making a decision. This smacks of bad sportsmanship and is embarrasing. Brazil are a better team and play "the beautiful game", which will always bring about more fouls.

For goodness sake, Australia is doing fantastically well to get to the world cup finals, brilliantly to win a match...please lets not spoil it by sounding like whinging bad sports.

Reply #86038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its also been revealed the ref told harry the world cup is over for you guys. Thats not right a ref should never say that to anyone

Reply #86247 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:36 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754