Isaac
Years ago

36ers 2006/07 Memberships, more info

The Marketing Manager of the Sixers has sent out a clarification regarding 2006/07 memberships.

The 2006/07 Adelaide Pura Milk 36ers Memberships are now on sale and represent better value than ever before with more options to ensure you have an opportunity to get along and experience the Pura Milk 36ers live.

I would like to take this opportunity to confirm the renewal process for existing members.

As detailed in the membership brochure, we are encouraging supporters to renew their memberships by 30th June to have an opportunity to win one of three Philips 29" Powervision Real Flat TV's.

The original cut-off date for renewing members was the 30th June, as per previous years, but due to the delay in communicating the new membership options to members we will now extend this cut-off date to Friday 14th July. This delay occurred due to the ongoing sale process for the assets of BASA, which include the 36ers, Lightning and the Dome, and the difficulty in planning beyond this process.

To ensure you retain your current seating please ensure you have your renewal form back to us by Friday 14th July. This cut-off date is critical to the planning process for the upcoming season and thus we ask that you ensure all renewals are completed before that date. Beyond the 14th of July, we will not be able to guarantee the same seating as in previous years due to the increased demand for new 2006/07 memberships which we are currently experiencing.

It is such an exciting time to be a part of the Pura Milk 36ers and with your continued support, we look forward to having the Distinctive Homes Dome as the most feared venue in the NBL.

Yours in basketball

Darren Grigg
Marketing Manager, Adelaide Pura Milk 36ers

For further information, please contact Adelaide Pura Milk 36ers on 8444 6444.

Topic #7672 | Report this topic

Yiros  
Years ago

But how much does it cost to be a member?
winning a plasma is great if your lucky enough but it would not be my sole reason for joining up.....

I would love to see a full house every week, what id Darren doing to make this happen?

Reply #86155 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Membership prices

What's Darren doing?

Well, he's made tickets $17.50/game which is what we've been asking for. Gold Membership is $5 down on the only season ticket available last year. Some people have seen their ticket drop from $325 to $280.

A family of four can get season tickets for under $40/game for 2A + 2C which is decent.

He's also brought in/back the Junior Jammers membership for U14s - $25 for 4 specific games, a bumper sticker, hat, drink bottle and shoe bag, an invite to a Sixers training session, The Dribbler magazine and entry to a Members Day at the Dome. You can't tell me that isn't pretty outstanding value for primary school age children! Even if you're buying silver season tickets for a child, you're paying $8 a game, so here's at least $32 worth of ticket value plus assorted other gear - a hat would be worth half of that $25 easily, if not all of it.

One of the interesting things brought in for the Gold Membership is the chance to present the Members MVP award at the official MVP function too.

Given that the ownership of the club and venue is currently undecided, that's about all Darren can do for now, and I think the marketing team are off to a good start.

Reply #86158 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I agree that there have been some great changes, as mentioned by Isaac.

What I'm still missing is the point/benefit of renewing/signing up for a season ticket now as opposed to after the July 14th deadline.

If the only difference is a chance to win 1 of 3 29" tv's that dosn't really make people feel like signing up ASAP! Sure it's a great idea but wouldnt it be better to reward ALL who renew their membership or sign up early after all they are the ones showing faith in the club (not just the team because the team isnt finalised as yet, although porbably closer than it has been in previous years).

Lastly just had to pick on this comment from Darren :-)

"we look forward to having the Distinctive Homes Dome as the most feared venue in the NBL"

So do the fans Darren, so do the fans!

Reply #86159 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

TVs plus guaranteed chance to retain your seat it seems.

Reply #86161 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Plus an extra 2 weeks to save your money.

Reply #86163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

quick question

Last season we had a family season ticket which was 2A + 1C and cost about $650.....

Is there another ticket option like this for the 2006/07 season or would i need to purchase a 2A + 2C family ticket?

Reply #86170 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not that I'm aware of, but you could try emailing or calling the Sixers.

Maybe just get the Silver 2A+2C and take one of your child's friends each game? It's the same price.

Realistically, the 2A+1C, if I recall correctly, was bizarrely priced last year - it was cheaper to get that than 2A together!

Reply #86171 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Isaac, it cost $1 more to get the 2A+1C ($651).

Reply #86193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One of the issues with me once again getting a season ticket after a couple years of not is the scheduling of games. Firstly Wednesday games when this is the usual day for midweek district training for my son (child). As a result the ticket price per game is more expensive because he can't use his ticket for those games. Similarly there is numerous Friday games. Will it be standard practice to change Friday night district games to allow people to attend the NBL?

Reply #86210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can't see why they wouldn't change friday nights, especailly when the games from the dome would need to be changed

they have done it in past years no need to stop this season

Reply #86227 | Report this post

OZBBallDream  
Years ago

I think the 36rs have made alot of ground in this area recently, and this sounds like great news.

I also really like the idea the South Dragons have used which is giving concessions to all those involved in Basketball (junior, ABA) etc on the local state level in Victoria, and we can do the same for South Australia.

So I think the 36rs (and all clubs really) should be looking after their grass roots as much as possible.

Reply #86813 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:21 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754