Knickabokka
Years ago

LARRY BROWN SACKED

Larry Brown has been sacked by the Knicks. Isiah Thomas is expected to take over the coaching role.

Topic #7679 | Report this topic

Knickabokka  
Years ago

Just adding to the above it has been confirmed that Isiah Thomas has taken over the coaching position of the Knicks!

Reply #86212 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

suprised that this didn't happen during the season, for all the talk originally by Isiah saying how good it was to have a coach of Larry Brown's calibre in charge, when the rumours began half way through the year, Isiah never publicly came out and backed him... He is a great coach, just pity it was a team of spoiled kids.Hopefully he lands somewhere else.... Charlotte anyone now that MJ is in charge?

Reply #86219 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Well Isiah can now try and coach the mess he's created known as the New York Knicks, good luck to him he will need it.

Not sure if Larry Brown would be a good idea in Charlotte as they have only played 2 seasons, Bernie Bickerstaff has coached them from day 1 and has handpicked every player, bringing in Brown and implementing a whole new system this early into the franchise's existence might not be the best thing. Having said this I know Brown's a great coach & you can't argue wit his achievements

Reply #86238 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Well there you have it, one of the best coaches in history sacked because of a whinging point guard. They should have got rid of Marbury and they would have been a lot better off!

Reply #86239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whinging point guard ! they have 2 of that breed , plus 2 overrated chuckers in Q Rich and J Rose , 2 soft hearted centers in Curry , and Jesse James . How he pilfered 35 mill out of the knickhead front office is laughable . add another couple of undersized PF's in M Rose and M Taylor and there is a strong nucleus of knickleheads to carry the team all the way , down , down , down . But i am sure isiah will make some wily moves , maybe they should bring back the spree or the big dog just for some more locker room harmony .

Reply #86243 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I agree Panther, Marbury, Crawford and Francis though, I think the whingeing point guard syndrome is pretty contagious in NY.
I know Bickerstaff has been there since day 1, however MJ loves shaking things up a bit, and there is also the NC connection.....
Go Isiah, you did such a great job in Indiana....ba ha ha ha.

Reply #86244 | Report this post

Master D  
Years ago

Yo Yo Yo
Master D here in effect. That Larry Brown aint no shit in the Big Apple. You gotta put Marbury in slipstream and let him do his shit, Ya know what Im sayin?
Yo M Dizzle, I see you at da courts in Frankston 2morrow. You aint got game when Master D is in da house
PEACE OUT
PS Shout Out to my Booyy 'Panther'

Reply #86259 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

No surprise at all. Larry will land on his feet and if he doesn't he's just made the easiest $35 million of all time. There are heaps of other teams that will pick him up again.

He'll take the year of get his health back together and then take over the Warriors and mold them into something. Not too sure about Charlotte, a little young for Larry's taste, but on the other hand, no big heads on the squad and a truckload of potential.

Isiah, worst GM in the history of the NBA, but I've got a feeling he may actually have a bit of luck coaching the circus.

Reply #86265 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Hopefully not TR, Isiah hasn't done too much with any team that he has coached or been GM for, I agree with worst GM though!
Hopefully if it was Charlotte, he may have a chance of young players listening to him as opposed to players who have been in the league for 4-5 years that think they know everything! ala: Crawford, Marbury, Curry and Francis (how many teams has he left or bagged without turning up!)

Reply #86285 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I hope Isaiah stinks as a coach next year. Remember his Knicks still owe my Bulls another 1st round pick (what John Paxson got in return for Ed Curry was daylight robbery) and if they stink it up good enough, it could be Greg Oden.

Regarding the sacking - from the desk of The Cavalier at Yaysports ..... (if you're not a Yaysports reader, you really should be).

Reply #86346 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I just see the New York situation as the blind leading the blind.

Isiah really also did suck at coaching in Indiana. How does a team with Jermaine O'Neal, Jamaal Tinsley, Al Harrington, Jeff Foster, Brad Miller, Ron Artest, and Reggie Miller lose in the first round of the playoffs for 3 years running???

Maybe the Knicks just need a bigger clown, and I see Isiah being one of the biggest in the NBA due to his crazy trades. He's good at drafting players, but his trades are always woeful.

Without taking away for his playing days (which were great), he has truly sucked off the court, he nearly killed the Raptors, he killed the CBA and it's now the Knicks turn for bloodshed.

Reply #86367 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:28 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754