Years ago

James "Flight" White

James "Flight" White, a senior SF/SG out of Cincinatti University, will be THE next big-time dunker in the NBA. He'll probably be drafted mid-2nd Round. He is MUCH more athletic than Vince Carter was or Josh Smith is. Video of him is scarce on the net, but that'll change once he makes the league. He's the next highlight in the making

Topic #7701 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lost a HS dunk contest to David Lee(Knicks Florida) with a foul line dunk, if that is possible?

Reply #86430 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

He's unquestionably an athletic freak, but to suggest that anyone is MUCH more atheltic than Vince is a joke. I've seen footage of White's 2 handed foul line dunks and his pseudo windwill foul line dunk, neither of which Vince can pull off, but I'm pretty confident White doesn't have the same explosiveness as Vince when the lead in isn't perfect. Vince's freakish abiliby is his abilty to explode for a massive jam when he's off balance, or when the build up doesn't go to plan.

I'm keen to see White in the league, but if you think he'll be unquestionably the best dunker, over the likes of Josh Smith and Vince then you're in for a shock.

Reply #86443 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

vince by far is a much more explosive player and even though some of whites dunks are incredible he doesnt have that "x Factor" that vince has

Reply #86446 | Report this post

Felton Spencer  
Years ago

I have seen him attempt a between the legs from the foul line on a draft website somewhere... he just missed it but appretly he has pulled this dunk off before. According to his college teamates, he can also pull off a double between the legs, a la NBa Live.

No doubt about it, this guy has unbeliveable hops. Definately top five dunkers in the leaugue along with vince, jason richardson, josh smith, ai2 and probably nate...

Reply #86448 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

just type in james white on youtube.com to see his foul line between the legs, along with other insane dunks. He will be the greatest dunk comp, dunker in history - but come game time he cant dunk in traffic to save his life. He's quite simply going to be the next JR Smith

Reply #86464 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

a team would only draft him so he can win the dunk comp.

Reply #86471 | Report this post

Mr clutch was it you that made the comment to me that tyrus thomas was shit, I am aware you've never seen neither Tyrus or james white play a game in your life why are you making such bold statements

Reply #86473 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

As a matter of fact i have. Why would I be directing people to a certain website if i hadn't seen him dunk?

Reply #86483 | Report this post

Years ago

They should expand the NBA Dunk Contest to 6 participants next season and then have these guys compete
Nate Robinson
James White
Josh Smith
Gerald Green
Andre Iguodala
Tyrus Thomas
If that wouldn't be a dunk-off for the ages, I don't know what would.

Also, in Slam Magazine in 2001, James White made the following statements as a high-school senior "Vince Carter is the only man alive who can out-dunk me" and "I only lost the McDonald's Dunk Contest because you couldn't have props, which takes away like half my repotoire".

He also lost the NCAA Slam Dunk Contest earlier this year because he mucked up from the free-throw line too, but he was definitely the best competitor on the day up until that point.

Come to think of it, I also doubt he'll be a good dunker in traffic. I mean, he's 6'7" but only 190lb, compared to a 6'6" 225lb Vince Carter, so he'll need to add some bulk to hang with the big guys. I still think he'll be just as exciting as Carter out on the break and in the Dunk Contest.

According to NBA Draft.net, he'll go at #39 to Milwaukee. It also says there he rates well as a passer and defender, but an bit of a dodgy jump shooter and not assertive enough on offense

Reply #86520 | Report this post

Or maybe get rid of Nate Robinson, cos its boring watching a 5'7 guy dunk, and pump in Saer Sene

Reply #86571 | Report this post

Years ago

Gotta let the reigning champ (however dubious his win may have been) defend his title

Reply #86582 | Report this post

Years ago

Another idea to make it interesting would be to limit the number of dunks that can be done "off the bounce" because they can get a bit stale. Heaven forbid they bring back "the wheel" from 2002 though

Reply #86583 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:19 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754