Anon
Years ago

Pay rise for SA umpires?

Can anyone say if there is likely to be a pay rise for junior umpires to keep the numbers up?

I noticed on the website there are two sponsors for umpires, where is the money going????

does anyone know, and do people think extra money would make a difference?

Topic #7713 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are development sponsors, so i am guessing they are paying for development officers and also noticed that the level 0 course is free, perhaps they are paying the instructors of the course also.

Reply #86609 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

interesting point you make, how much is the average reff, on these days? I know it was $5 for a beginner per game but that was years ago.

Reply #86612 | Report this post

Hoople  
Years ago

If Mr Poulton stopped eating all the time, then there would be a heap of surplus money left to pay the umpires. He is a bit of a fatty boom-bah, and should set a better example to his fellow umpires. Come on, kids need to see their officials respecting their bodies as an example.

Reply #86618 | Report this post

Crack  
Years ago

Hoople, Mr Poulton is a Baseball umpire so he can eat as much as he likes......

And considering he has organised two sponsers which they have never had before I would say he does not deserve any criticism.

Reply #86624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's not very fair, he is in off season at the moment. During summer he has a body like a god!

Reply #86648 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Well I hope this is correct that the money is going towards development of umps. We need more good umpires being trained me thinks.
I just think Basa should be tranperant in this regard.

Well done N Poulton

Reply #86704 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Crack - We have had a few sponsors from time to time. Blue shirt junior program as an example was sponsored by elastoplast.

Reply #86754 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Crack - We have had a few sponsors from time to time. Blue shirt junior program as an example was sponsored by elastoplast.

Reply #86755 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

It was so good you had to post it twice! haha

Reply #86774 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:08 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754