Robbo
Years ago

Any Sale NEWS yet?

Has anybody herd of the front runners yet?

Maybe The Bernie Lewis Foundation?

Topic #7727 | Report this topic

boost  
Years ago

oh boy, i hope the doc has had his coffee before he reads this..

Reply #86734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have it from a good source that there are only 2 bidders going for the team and the dome and in total they will go for less then 2M.

Looks like Corey Wingard had it right a few weeks ago.

Reply #86741 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Your good source is a bad source

Reply #86742 | Report this post

Rueben  
Years ago

lockstock, how can you say that!

i place great worth in the word of annonymous posters, especially when they've got it on from a good source.

(having said that, a bad source told me the same ... haha!)

Reply #86743 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

The reason I say that is I regularly have a drink with someone involved in the negotiation process and that statement by anonymous is wrong according to the information I receive.

Reply #86747 | Report this post

Lockstock I believe he was trying to say that

Reply #86749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If anyone pays more then 2M for the Dome and the 36ers they will be back on sale in a year or two. Together they lose around 1.4M per year.

Reply #86750 | Report this post

White elephant  
Years ago

Dome will go for approx $1.7m and the sixers not worth much more than $300k - much less than their ego's.

Reply #86759 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

lol white elephant. Isn't that about what Brett Maher gets paid in 1 season?!

Reply #86809 | Report this post

Avanti  
Years ago

News today that the Govt are tipping $5.5M into upgrading Football Park.

And yet wont "help out" on the outstanding Dome debt?

Reply #86839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Avanti,

I think you'll find that if you compare what the BASA debt is to the amount the government will get for the sale, the government will actually be "helping out" quite a bit.

Reply #86840 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I don't agree, the Dome has been well used since it was built by junior basketball. Put the expense down to sport & recreation development of our children. The same children that the government is forever stating that they are getting too fat and need some physical activities in their lives. I say that's government money well spent.

Reply #86844 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:30 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754