woodville balla
Years ago

Black Box??? What Is David Stern up to.?

Has anyone logged onto nba.com lately?? if not, do so. david stern had made a black box, claiming that its contents is going to change the face of the NBA and the way we see it.

What do people think is inside??

Topic #7731 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

His RESIGNATION

Reply #86760 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Hopefully it's something like if the players don't play defence they get kicked out of the league.

Reply #86761 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A Ron Artest voodoo doll?

Actually, I reckon a change in the game ball?

Reply #86762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A X-Box 360 and all the players will just play other teams online everynight... well thats what everyone eles seems to be doing

Reply #86764 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

clear ball! think it a new ball, saw a picture of a draft 06 diary on ebay and it had a different ball on the cover. Still orange but the lines were like 1 flowing line with no cross over section, kinda soccer like. What else could it be really, it looks like a ball box and unless its on paper no much can fit in there.

Reply #86767 | Report this post

woodville balla  
Years ago

I'm hearing at training that there trade papers.

are there trades goin on that we dont kno about???

Reply #86771 | Report this post

woodville balla  
Years ago

the other sugestion that it is a diagram of a basketball court with a new line.

THE "5" point line, situated 2 metres behind the 3 point line. basically in-between the 3 and half court :)

(highly unlikely)

Reply #86772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

don't laugh stranger things have happened, look how people look shocked when the 3point line was introduced but then again most of you are so young you can't remember the game with out it or the passback rule

Reply #86775 | Report this post

pest  
Years ago

new ball. its on nba.com now if you wanna check it out

Reply #86777 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

"This is a great ball. If I had this ball back when I played, there would have been a lot more poster-ized guys."
-- Hall of Famer Dominique Wilkins

Reply #86780 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Well, that's ... something, I suppose. Didn't tennis have the "New Balls" campaign a little while ago?

I was actually hoping for a recording of a crashed plane's chilling final minutes, as the pilots struggle for control of their doomed aircraft. (Insert appropriately sarcastic analogy to state of NBA here.)

Reply #86789 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Just a marketing thing for Spalding to make some ground backon the whote stripped Maltens?

Reply #86796 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Lol Bo Hamburger. Does anyone else think Stern's 'change the face of the game' remark was a little over-stated??

Reply #86814 | Report this post

woodville balla  
Years ago

yer it was just a "little" bit overated. more like change the way we see the brand spalding..

what do people think the price will be for ther new product..?

Reply #86846 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

I don't get it, why will this change the game, what was with that statement by 'nique? What makes this ball so much better by changing the ends of a few lines on the ball? Have I missed something, this seemed like a fairly big built-up and to me it seems fairly minor.

Reply #86851 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

VC fan, it's made from a different material that means that new balls won't need to be "broken in" and that there should be more consistency from game to game and, as Chris Paul said, from city to city.

Other than that, it's a sales gimmick.

Reply #86852 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

My guess is around $200 Australian for this new ball. Better of spending the $100 on one of the Moltens IMO

Reply #86911 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:06 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754