Pegs
Years ago

U/16 Nationals 2006 Boys - Metro in top 4

I noticed on the Nationals website that the Metro boys have made top four with a one point win this morning over NSW Country. I assume this puts them top of their pool.

Thought it deserved a thread of its own. Would love to hear any reports from the game!

Congratulations boys and coaches.

Topic #7739 | Report this topic

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

A great effort to beat Vic Country yesterday & NSW Country this morning to qualify for top 4.

Also handy to have finished top of their pool to avoid a semi cross over with Vic Metro, though I'm sure NSW Metro will be tough. 2 classic matchups in the semis. Vic Metro vs Vic Country & SA Metro vs NSW Metro.

The SA Metro girls have also qualified for top 4, so congratualtions to them too.

Of course - while making top 4 is a fantastic achievement I'm sure they're all hungry to bring home medals, so let's hope both sides keep performing well & achieve as good a result as possible.

Reply #86822 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

And where are the metro girls knockers now?
Great job girls.

Reply #86827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are the draws fair???? Vic Metro, NSW Metro and ACT girls all in the same draw....interesting. This is not knocking but is the picture clear?
Well done to all...bring home the bacon

Reply #86835 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I'd assume the girls' knockers are where they have always been....

Reply #86837 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Well done to The Doctor. Good to see you are keeping 'abreast' in your anatomical studies.
Good luck to both teams- a win for each would be great

Reply #86843 | Report this post

Johnny Comelately  
Years ago

Good to see they are in the top 4 "breast" teams in the country.

My "mammory" escapes me on where they finished last year!

Reply #86850 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

Must have been titalizing ride through to the top four.

Reply #86857 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

Hey thedoctor hou have made my day
Thanks

Reply #86858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting, metro parent reckons they had the tuffer draw????
If metro girls get within 20 points of vic metro/nsw metro/Act then I'd have to say they're certainly up there!! If not, then they'll hit the brick wall as country girls did in their pool!
Fly the Flag for SA!!

Reply #86895 | Report this post

slamjam  
Years ago

I watched NSW Metro v Vic Metro and i believe if SA get up the floor and show some intencity then they will have a good show. NSW sit in a match up zone and always look to trap the Ball, but not too much preasure up the floor. Vic Metro will get Country but it will be closer than people think.

Reply #86913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA Met boys have been outstanding. They had no right to come top in their group which was by far the toughest of the 2. While most other teams are running around like headless chickens in a mad panic, the SA boys play smart and controlled at both ends of the floor. They have a real good chance at NSW Met in the semi. The only question mark is how much energy they have spent to make it this far?

Reply #86921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only real question is who gets to play vic metro and get spanked. The vic team are yet to play their starters at full potential

Reply #86925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The country girls got hammered in their pool. They only won well against tassy and WA country which says nothing.

Reply #86995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vic Metro Boys do it again but NSW Metro put in a great performance.

How did Vic Country do it so easy against our Metro boys? 38 point turn around from 1st meeting!!

Reply #87072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just couldn't compete physically late in the week when they got tired and sore. Boys are tall enough, but relatively less developed than our competition in terms of speed and strength. Other teams have a lot more early developers and our boys all looked like boys playing men. They will catch up over the next 2 years and do even better in 18's. Still easily best result for some years, congrats to all concerned.

Reply #87093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Girls got really tired in the bronze game and shot terribly not surprising after their awesome effort against vic met only losing by 7 points. A great result from a tiny group who were expected to be awful. Good job.

Reply #87100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Expected to be awful? I don't think so. I think that where they finished was about right.

Reply #87101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't agree that our Metro boys were physicaly less mature than the Vic Country boys, seemed pretty much the same.

Vic Metro & NSW Metro had "some" bigger bodies but the top 8 teams were very close in terms of height and weight.

On the bright side, John Marriott will be better for the experience and should be a force next year.

Reply #87103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didnt SA metro beat Vic country during the pool games.
What happened?

Reply #87141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about mention of the person from S.A. who actually came back with a gold medal.

Referee Vanessa Devlin obviously had a fantastic week and did a great job refereeing the Women's Gold Medal Game.

Congratulations Vanessa!

Reply #87142 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Well Done Vanessa.

I bet she signs her name all the time. Never just initials.....

(LOL)

Reply #87150 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:04 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754