Anonymous
Years ago

J.J. Redick's back injury - Why all the fuss?

What is all the fuss about J.J. Redick's back injury? He's supposedly just got a sore back, or at most a strain, yet the basketball news sites are making it seem like it's a career-threatening thing. Surely it's not that serious?

Topic #7744 | Report this topic

kobe8  
Years ago

He has a herniated disk which is pressing on a nerve, but dismissed rumors that he needs surgery for the injury. Where did you hear it was career threatening? Let me guess at Duke University, they couldnt stand the embarrasment if Orlando were to make the playoffs and JJ got his oppourtunity....TO CHOKE

Reply #86876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh I didn't realise it was that serious. Just the way that a lot of websites were saying it may scare teams off and really hurt his draft stock is what made me think it was gonna really affect his career. Hopefully he rests up and is fully fit for the beginning of the season. It'd be good to see him in battles with Adam Morrison and the Bobcats in the Southeast Division

Reply #86877 | Report this post

daniel  
Years ago

Pre-draft a lot of "experts" were picking JJ would slip to 10-15 due to being undersized and slower than most NBA players - so the impact of his back injury may be overstated.

Reply #86924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone genuinely think J.J. Redick will be much more than a Steve Kerr-type at the NBA level?

Reply #86960 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

I do.......ive seen him play in college

I reckon he is much more than a Steve Kerr

Reply #86998 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Redick will be better than Kerr. He'll be Kerr at worst, at best a bigger version of Mark Price without the assist totals.

Reply #87005 | Report this post

a great pick by orlando if you ask me .. they needed to pick a good one after alot of fans lost alot of faith after the franz disaster of last year. Orlando needed a shooting guard with the possiblity of losing stevenson who has decided to test the free agents water.. Reddick could easily get a starting Postition at Orlando if everything falls into place for him

Reply #87025 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:31 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754